What breaks next???

Notices
Formula

What breaks next???

Old 03-21-2005, 08:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What breaks next???

Well while flushing the motors last weekend I heard this odd noise coming from the starboard motor. I sat back there and listening and kept thinking "fanbelt". It was a noise that came and went, and it wasn't coming from deep in the block. After shutting it down I muckled onto the top pulley and yanked on it and boy does it have some play. Other motor rock solid. So now I get to replace the water pump. Luckily only about $135.00 or so for an aftermarket. The "Gusman" is on the job.

I can put it in myself with no problem. I just wonder how long everybody else goes without something else screwing up??????

It's always something......
Old 03-21-2005, 09:54 PM
Banned

Default Re: What breaks next???

You gotta love it! For working stiffs like us that can't scratch a check for a new boat, this is our lot in life.
Old 03-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just found out from Sterling I have a few Jesel rocker shafts that are cracked and need replaced.

Better to find in the engine shop than 20 miles out on the lake in the middle of a poker run, I guess.
Old 03-22-2005, 05:57 AM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 122 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
Well while flushing the motors last weekend I heard this odd noise coming from the starboard motor. I sat back there and listening and kept thinking "fanbelt". It was a noise that came and went, and it wasn't coming from deep in the block. After shutting it down I muckled onto the top pulley and yanked on it and boy does it have some play. Other motor rock solid. So now I get to replace the water pump. Luckily only about $135.00 or so for an aftermarket. The "Gusman" is on the job.

I can put it in myself with no problem. I just wonder how long everybody else goes without something else screwing up??????

It's always something......
I hope it doesn't take a year to fix...
Old 03-22-2005, 06:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps

Ouch, boy did THAT leave a mark....
Old 03-22-2005, 06:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by t500hps

Should I start another count?
Old 03-22-2005, 06:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuda
You gotta love it! For working stiffs like us that can't scratch a check for a new boat, this is our lot in life.

Joe that as true a statement as I've ever heard in my entire life. I just wish I could go two phucking weeks without getting hit out of the blue by something that costs serious coin. It's either insurance rate hikes (home, auto, and business, all of them went up), Deb's MAJOR dental issues, and now I've got bills that Blue Cross Blue Sield denied back during my kidney stone issue that says were denied because the Dr.'s offices did put a "-2" beside my policy number, something that Blue Cross Blue Shield started doing without telling us. So now I'm having to go back and fight with BCBS about this crap. Spent 3 hours on the phone yesterday between Dr.'s offices and BCBS over something that could not be easier to understand. I swear insurance companies must spend millions on trying to figure out how not to pay a legitimate claim. If I ever go postal it will unquestionably be in an insurance office.

I got a letter from a "collection agency" this past Saturday stating I owe Bon Secours hospital radiology unit $ 300.00. I never received a bill from them and called the collection agency. I get this arrogant smart azz guy on the phone who calls me a liar and says I'm just stalling. Well as I start to go ballistic on this sob, he hangs up on me. I then call Bon Secours hospital and they have no record of me having any treatment on that day and are sending me that info. I can't wait to send that to that damned collection agency.

There are a lot of things that beef me, but collection agencies and credit reporting agencies are at the top of my list. They have NO responsibility whatsoever to verify what they report is accurate. Anybody can tell them that anyone owes them money, and it's up to the guy getting shafted to prove it's not true. That is one system that needs a major overhaul. And it's getting worse every day.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:30 AM
Banned

Russ, I went through the same bs when I had my stones. It seemed I got a bill from every medical place in the county, some of which I had never even heard of. I had one collection agency call, I asked them what specifically they were billing me for, x-rays, blood tests, or what. He said it was confidential and he couldn't tell me that info! I told him that he could go piss up a rope, because I damn sure wasn't paying. About a year later, a woman calls me about a medical bill. At first I didn't know what she was talking about, then I remembered. I asked her if there wasn't a note in that file mentioning something about a rope. She kind of giggled and said yes, I told her I hadn't changed my mind.

If the Blue Cross gives you too much of a runaround, call the insurance commissioner. They did that to me one time, it pissed off my doctor and he called the commish. They paid the claim in the long run.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Formula Outlaw
If I ever go postal it will unquestionably be in an insurance office.
Are you sure it won't be on a banking officer?
Old 03-22-2005, 08:07 AM
Registered

"There are a lot of things that beef me, but collection agencies and credit reporting agencies are at the top of my list. They have NO responsibility whatsoever to verify what they report is accurate. Anybody can tell them that anyone owes them money, and it's up to the guy getting shafted to prove it's not true. That is one system that needs a major overhaul. And it's getting worse every day."

They have another cute trick too--if one can't collect they "sell" the account another shyster and the clock on credit report stars all over again--talk about gettingf'd without getting kissed !!!

Quick Reply: What breaks next???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.