Vents, Amps, Subs OH MY!!!

Notices
Formula

Vents, Amps, Subs OH MY!!!

Old 04-04-2005, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vents, Amps, Subs OH MY!!!

Ok, a new series of old questions: 311 aft vents are 2x17.25 on each side. Trick Marine's billet pieces are 17.75. Has anyone swapped these out? Is it simply a matter of drilling new holes? I am redoing my stereo- AGAIN. Have the rear seat out of the boat. Had old amp mounted to it (because it was 2.5 ft long). Am going to Class D to run 2 subs and A/B to run 4 components. (1) Who has multiple amps in their boats and where did you put them? I can't use RedDog's old set up in the gunwale because of storage issue. (2) Who has subs? Are they infinite baffle (free-air) or with enclosure? What brand? Where did you put them? (3) Who has mobile box speakers in use? What brand, how do you deal with them? Lemme know- it is 80 here and I am getting crazy.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Steve_H

Default Re: Vents, Amps, Subs OH MY!!!

Originally Posted by SeaWeasel
Ok, a new series of old questions: 311 aft vents are 2x17.25 on each side. Trick Marine's billet pieces are 17.75. Has anyone swapped these out? Is it simply a matter of drilling new holes? I am redoing my stereo- AGAIN. Have the rear seat out of the boat. Had old amp mounted to it (because it was 2.5 ft long). Am going to Class D to run 2 subs and A/B to run 4 components. (1) Who has multiple amps in their boats and where did you put them? I can't use RedDog's old set up in the gunwale because of storage issue. (2) Who has subs? Are they infinite baffle (free-air) or with enclosure? What brand? Where did you put them? (3) Who has mobile box speakers in use? What brand, how do you deal with them? Lemme know- it is 80 here and I am getting crazy.
listen to em biotch.
must be nice

Old 04-04-2005, 12:01 PM
Registered

Steve- lets be careful about "em". I'll drive over to KC and put the beat-down on you. Just because your bezels aren't done is no reason to pick on me . . .
Old 04-04-2005, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 96 Likes on 35 Posts

My 311 has four 10" Rockford's under the rear seat. I made the enclouser with 6 sealed sections in one box (four for 10" subs and two for 6 1/2's) and then covered with white vinyl. I did lose a lot of storage under the seat but I think it was worth it. Any questions let me know.

Don
Attached Thumbnails Vents, Amps, Subs OH MY!!!-p5090013.jpg  

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 04-04-2005 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 12:26 PM
Steve_H

Steve- lets be careful about "em". I'll drive over to KC and put the beat-down on you. Just because your bezels aren't done is no reason to pick on me . . .

Old 04-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2 Memphis 12's in gunwhale in boxes...5 channel Memphis bell flush mounted in the cabin, custom Pods behind the bolsters for the passengers (highs) 6X9's in original spots, cabin is not amped...Sounds great 1 amp, six speakers and 2 subs!
Attached Thumbnails Vents, Amps, Subs OH MY!!!-amp-2-.jpg   Vents, Amps, Subs OH MY!!!-pod2-2-.jpg   Vents, Amps, Subs OH MY!!!-sub-2-.jpg  

Old 04-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Registered

Axa- I love that Memphis- is it a BIG Belle or the smaller one? They have the little one in marine this season and I have been thinking about one. Are those boxes mounted to the gunwales or just held down by weight? Did you run 4 gauge all the way from the batteries?
Old 04-05-2005, 09:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Seaweasel, I have 2 amps' on my 312 in the closet on the port side in the cabin, 1 10" preamped bass tube in the port side storage in the cockpit plus 2 6x9 3 ways under the rear seat
Old 04-06-2005, 07:59 AM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They call it the baby bell. A class D mono block 500 watt continuous 1100 watt peak sub amp and a 50X4 (4 channel). It is the same a s the new marine unit! Should do the job. I have a supplier who is an authorized Memphis dealer, let me know if you need pricing for that amp. If I ever get another boat, I'm going to outfit it with the Memphis Marine line, I really love the stuff.

The sub boxes are held in by a couple of screws for left and right movement, but weight does most of it.

And yes, I did run 4 gauge all the way to the amp. I also have a Memphis crossover and line driver which I use a a fader for the cockpit speakers, I run the cabin speakers off the fader on the deck. Next headunit will have 4 pre-amp outs with level controls so I can amp the cabin speakers.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:09 AM
Registered

Axa- can you PM me a price and availability on the Marine Belle and some 10" Memphis Marine DVC subs from your supplier? I am interested- and my amp will have to go on the back of the front(?) of the rear seat (wow!) due to space issues, so marine is good. Thanks!!!!

Quick Reply: Vents, Amps, Subs OH MY!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.