value of 32 >

value of 32

Notices

value of 32

Old 05-12-2005, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: value of 32

Thank you for all your input.... I have a cabin on the chain of lakes in IL and the water is pretty shallow. I have been on 32's and 35's I agree the 35 is a bigger better boat but for the area I boat in I think the 32 is the largest I would want to go. I have a 266 crown line now with a 502 it is a good boat but not a fountain......This is also my first twin engine boat so it will take some getting used to at the docks.
Old 05-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My 32 has been a great boat. Perfect size for us and we stay on it every weekend in the slip. Since you have a place on the lake, the cabin size of the boat shouldn't be that much of a issue for you as it is for us. We stepped up from a 27. I had replaced the risor gaskets on mine 2 yrs that FeverMike mentioned, mine were sealed and good, but I also have heard of the issues with them, but have not yet seen any. I would say $85k is about the top of the scale w/o knowing the full details such as trailer, options, freshwater, condition.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Registered

I'm running Stainless Marine , I guess thats why I've seen no reversion ...
Old 05-13-2005, 07:36 AM
Registered

Our 27 had no sink/countertop, but had full length "U" shaped seat that was same length on both sides. The 29 has countertop/sink and short seat leg on one side of the "U" and full length seat on other side. The 32 had countertop/sink, and long seat on one side of "U" and seat/portipot locker on other side of "U" if I remember correctly. Bottom line was that most of the "extra" length was in cuddy, not cockpit. 29 w/single has what fountain called "extended cockpit" and it is very noticable, swim platform is a couple inches longer too, which I took notice to when we were sitting on it to let the kids spash their feet. Might not sound like much, but the 27's swim platform is rather "short". 38 Fever has the biggest cockpit - it is wider than any of the lightening cockpits because you lose the width on the lightenings due to the "walkaround" rail. 29 Fever extended cockpit is very comparable to the cockpit in the 38 Fever for "roominess", although I would love to have either 38
Old 05-13-2005, 08:34 AM
Registered

32's porta potty is in the center of the u with seating beside the sink ... The cockpit is definately larger on the 35 which takes away some of the sleekness of the deck , I just like the long and low look of the 32 , I guess thats why they have different models to choose from .
Old 05-13-2005, 08:57 AM
Registered

Just looked, too, no portipot locker, its in the center of the "u". Sorry. Must of been thinking about the 35 cuddy. Just thinking the cuddy of the 35 is more narrow, especially in the berth than those in the fever's - probably again due to having the walkway. We noticed that when my wife and I where laying there, in the 35. Not really an issue though, since we don't stay overnite on the boat anymore (having kids changed that whole scenario, for us, at least for a couple of years ).