CD deck placement >

CD deck placement

Notices

CD deck placement

Old 02-10-2002, 12:27 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
Post CD deck placement

Does anyone have their deck placed within arms reach of the driver? I like to play DJ,Dont want the added complexity and expense of a remote CD pack, besides, 6 CDs arnt near enough, I was thinking about getting that accesory gauge panel that goes above the dash where people mount their boost gauges and mounting it in there, anyone ever done that? Doug
Old 02-11-2002, 08:57 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Doug,

I am currently, redoing my stereo. I found the Sony marine remote to be the best looking and functional. I can post pics of mine by say wednesday to show you what I have done.

WILL
Old 02-11-2002, 09:25 AM
29Fever

You can get the wired remote and have that attached to your dash. By the time you get the extra gauge wedge and mount it, you might as well get the remote.
I have the factory Clarion and have found the wireless remote to be a pain in the ass. It never seems to be within reach when I want to change the stereo. I want to get the wired one mounted to the dash.

Old 02-11-2002, 11:42 AM

Yea, the wired remote is what I am installing tonight or tomarrow. The sony has an LCD display in green light looks cool
Old 02-11-2002, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
please post the pics when you are done. I'm thinking of doing the same thing to mine. Then factory remote is a joke. I found the remotes for $36.00 bucks if you're interested. Check out this link.
www.valcoelectronics.com/jensen/marine/mcd9424.htm

Gig
Old 02-11-2002, 03:41 PM
MIdnightRider

A couple of things; First a plain remote works fine, velcurl sp? has kept my Alpine remote in my Baja around for 4 years, that is simple, cheap, and effective. The next thing that all boaters should own that like music, and I love to DJ, is a CD burner. We have wars just to see who has the best mixes. www.kazaa.com, If you need it, KAZAA has it. Just ck the songs to make sure they are complete before you burn them. You throw in 6 burned cd's with 16-18 songs, 80 mins a piece, thats almost 8 hours of the best of the best, From "Rump Shaker", to "goin back to cali", through "baby got back", onto "I wanna be a cowboy", and "cocky". You guys want to hear toons, "Hanky Panky" cove in Grand Haven MI, on a Saturday afternoon, Look for the Fountain Jamin' "I wanna be a baller" with women hangin of the radar arch with their boobs out and thongs on and you will find me drinkin a michelob light, with a grin from ear to ear. Oh sorry I was gettin a little excited there.

Old 02-11-2002, 04:55 PM

Seadated,

$36 is a great price.

Here is the one I am installin tonight
http://www.xplodsony.com/products/?C...rs&MD=RM-XM10W

I got it from FWK here on OSO
Old 02-11-2002, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts
27- Post em, I'd like to see them. Do you have a remote CD pack?
Old 02-11-2002, 07:44 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
27Fountain,
does that remote also show the time and station?
Jerry
Old 02-12-2002, 09:05 AM

OK, if I don't go out drinking tonight for Fat tuesday, I am installing it tonight. I know it shows the station and input, cd/radio aux input, also has changer controls. I have looked at all the wired remotes and in my opinion this is the most functional and coolest looking.

WILL

Quick Reply: CD deck placement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.