GGB Mufflers

Notices

GGB Mufflers

Old 07-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GGB Mufflers

After getting stopped 3 times in 2 days, I figured it was time to get some mufflers. The center two pipes on my 38 are only 1-1/2" apart and I didn't feel like moving the transom holes. Then Reggie uses the free floating tips that let the pipes follow the angle of the tail pipes.

Graham at GGB made me these with a flat on side that fit perfectly. I also put a small bolt through the stock pipe inside the boat to make sure that the tip and muffler don't come off.

After working two days straight to get these on, no muffler police were out all weekend so I can't say if it will pass or not. The sharp snap is gone and it definitely sounds quieter to me. Lake Michigan also did not co operate with a high speed run, fog rain and waves...

F
Attached Thumbnails GGB Mufflers-mufflers.jpg  
Old 07-05-2005, 03:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: GGB Mufflers

I do not know what motors you have but , I put a set on a 1997 35 fountain with 525SC's and I would have not passed the test if I did not lower the Idle and fill the boat with fuel and fill the water tank to sink the hull. But the mufflers sound great and look great. They did take the loud bark out , and I lost around two to three mph. If we all have to use them we will all be at the same disadvantage.
Old 07-06-2005, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: GGB Mufflers

The GGB's look good! Graham knows what he's doing for sure. They can be a real biatch to install on some boats. That's why most folks do the clamp ons but I think the transom mounts look great.