Notices

New Dash

Old 01-19-2006, 03:45 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: New Dash

The red light is a secondary warning lite Fountain ads to the dashes now. Lites up if you loose oil press, over heat, or low drive oil.... along with the Merc warning buzzer.

The black rubber boot is a for the ignition push button breaker.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, i can come up with a breaker. I've been meaning to get that warning system working again anyway, so i can hook up a light for that in one of the holes. What's the other one for? The dash i got has a hole on each side of the large gauges at the top.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sleeper_dave
I just ordered all the gauges and the panel to do this on my boat, and i have a couple of questions.

What's the light on the right of the big gauges for? What did you put in the hole on the left side of the big gauges? And what is that above the ignition switch, below the halon indicator? My boat doesn't have any of that, and i don't want to have any empty holes in my dash.

Thanks
Both Holes on the sides of the speedo & tach are idiot lites for the computer warning systems. Not sure how old you boat is but maybe just throw some lites in and hook them up for low oil pressure or high temp warnings (you'll have to add senders for theses lites but good insurance). The Hole between the ignition and halon system I think is a manuel override for the halon system. I crawled under my dash one time to see and its hooked to the system, but obviously don't want to test it by pushing the button...
Old 01-19-2006, 07:08 PM

The light on either side of the big gauges are warning lights that I had to tie into the buzzer wires, they come on when you first turn the key on, (mine didn't have them either) there is one on each side of the big guages. I got them from the guage guy don bracca. The button on top of the ignition switch is the circut breaker for the ignition switch. You could always just get the lights to fill up the holes even if you don't hook them up. These guage guys almost always have plugs to fill empty holes, they look ok if you paint them white. Let me know if I can help. brian
Old 01-20-2006, 08:06 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 27 redline fvr
These guage guys almost always have plugs to fill empty holes, they look ok if you paint them white.
Home Depot and Lowes in my area keep these plugs in both black and white in many sizes. I keep a good selection on hand for various purposes around the shop.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:15 AM
Registered

Thanks guys. I'm going to hit west marine today and see what i can pick up for lights and boots (i have a gift card). If i can't pick up the lights i'll shoot don another email.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heres a before and after pic of my white dash and with red bezels and wheel added.
Attached Thumbnails New Dash-dsc01151.jpg   New Dash-helm.jpg  
Old 01-20-2006, 08:12 PM
Registered

Mine's gonna be all white.

The red looks nice, but i really like the clean, all white look. If i ever have to do any paint work, my boat will be all white, no graphics, nothing. I just love that look.
Old 01-20-2006, 09:15 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rjcardinal
Heres a before and after pic of my white dash and with red bezels and wheel added.
I see bezel for the single engine shifter is way over sized too!
I bought one for my twin setup, same way. 1/8" space all around, plus it does not have the same profile as the gauge bezels. So I made one to fit CORRECTLY and with same profile. Will be powdercoated to match. Anyone interested in a new purple bezel? twin engine

Todd,
My throttle assembly is being plated right now. Should be done 1st of next week. Then they, along with the shifter bezel and one for my dash cig lighter plug will be heading your way soon.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-26-2006, 06:37 AM
Registered

I have a really nice blue one, lazor etched, almost new. I'll take 175.00 for it plus shipping?
Attached Thumbnails New Dash-start-fountain-project.jpg  

Quick Reply: New Dash

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.