cabin water leak >

cabin water leak

Notices

cabin water leak

Old 08-03-2005, 09:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cabin water leak

I have a water leak in my cabin I can't find. It doesnt appear to be the hatch. its in the v-berth I lift up the sleeping pad its wet under it. the cabin floor is always dry. any suggestions? rub rail maybe/ anchor locker? its a 2003 29'
Old 08-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Registered

Default Re: cabin water leak

just guessing, ck bow light and winch hook on bow make sure tight. Pull out cushion, dry everything and run a hose wide open and see if any leaks appear.

Leaks piss me off. Had a big old wood boat when in early 20's and it rained like hell inside.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Registered

Check the hatch.
Old 08-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

does yours have the forward mirror in the birth? If so, remove the mirror and look in there while hosing down the outside. I'm not familar how the models with the anchor lockers are, but my 27 and 32 w/o that locker, the forward compartment is sealed along the edges from bedding area. Any water that would have gotten in there would drain out the small drain near the beak. So not possible on my boats. Check under the side paanels covereing the indirect lighting. The deck to hull joint, (rubrail joint) and rail mounting bolts are accessible from behind those panels. But I would think you would have stain signs on the side vinly coverings.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Had A leak in mine I chased and found it to be the Bow Cleat!
Take the 2 screws out of yours and just unscrew it look to see if the 5200 has deteriorated. reseal and watertest
Fixed mine.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

the studs of the grab rail wiil also leak.................had to fix mine
Old 08-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Registered

Boat-Life (?) makes a liquid caulk that will flow into hairline cracks and seal them. I get a farm injection needle for livestock and shoot it in area where you may think the leak is coming from.
Old 08-04-2005, 01:19 PM
Registered

Mine was leaking from 2 sources. Some of the grab rail bolts (6 on each side) were leaking. I loosed them and put new 4200 caulk under the footing and around the bolt. I also had leaks from old holes left behind the rub rail. I had a new rubrail installed and they did not fill the old holes. When water ran off the top it went behind the rub rails, through the holes and into the boat. I filled those from the inside. Since I had already moved all of the cabin interior they were easy to get to.

Good luck finding the source.
Old 08-04-2005, 04:58 PM
Registered

thanks guys
I did have the rub rail changed to an all white one when I bought the boat. That might be the best spot for me to start looking. anchor locker has its own drain and appears to be sealed off from cabin. Iam going to check the bow rails too.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Jerry B
Platinum Member

I have a leak that only shows up on my cabin floor. Bed and seat's dont get wet. Could the water run down behind the interior panels and under the seating? It happens after I wash it but not every time. I always wash it in the same place parked about the same angle. It's stored inside but I always wash the dust off before we take it out. It's then I find the wet carpet. If I take out the indirect lighting can I see the back side of the rub rail?
Thanks for any help.
Jerry.

Quick Reply: cabin water leak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.