1990 fever Insurnace HELP! >

1990 fever Insurnace HELP!

Notices

1990 fever Insurnace HELP!

Old 09-30-2005, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1990 fever Insurnace HELP!

Need boat insurance- Sy said no- Boat is too old 15 years. Max age they will insure is 10 years. Leaving for arizona speed & marine Sunday. Anyone got any phone # of insurance companies that will insure my boat. Heeeellllllppppp!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks -Freaked Out
Old 10-01-2005, 12:25 AM
Registered

Default Re: 1990 fever Insurnace HELP!

Ya I do not understand it. There are a lot of nice boats out there that our over 10 years old but I am reluctant to even look at them anymore for the same reason.

My last boat was a 1987 Cigarette and State Farm had me get a survey done on it and then they insured it.

Up here in the north a 15 year old boat is more like a 6 or 7 year old boat because of the short season compared to the warmer climate states.

Hope someone can take care of you.

Cordell
Old 10-01-2005, 02:42 AM
Registered

sell ya my 2002 boat and take yours on trade.
sorry couldtn resist try progressive?
Old 10-01-2005, 11:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cgarrett

Up here in the north a 15 year old boat is more like a 6 or 7 year old boat because of the short season compared to the warmer climate states.

Cordell
On the flip side of that boats up north sit in moister all year long. The wood floors don't ever dry up seats stay wet from all the due and humidity causing them to fall apart. When I moved to AZ I couldn't believe how an older boat compared to IL looked. If the boat was takin care of (not trashed) the floors and interior were all solid and near perfect. The heat drys everything out so the wood never rots. But there are alot more hours on boats down here then there thats for sure.... That just gives us a excuse to repower with bigger motors!!!!

What are you having done at AZSPEED & MARINE????
Old 10-01-2005, 11:19 PM
Registered

My computers are fried- so I'm going to upgrade to mefi 4a's & new injectors. Jim is going to tune the boat. Been working hard to get everything ready to go. Can't wait till it gets on the road to asm. It's been long time comin. Anyone know where to buy the glove compartment & cabin door "hydraulic lifting rams" mine took a dump (actuators are 6 inches closed & about 8 1/4 inches extended.
Old 10-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FOUNTAINATLAST
On the flip side of that boats up north sit in moister all year long. The wood floors don't ever dry up seats stay wet from all the due and humidity causing them to fall apart. When I moved to AZ I couldn't believe how an older boat compared to IL looked. If the boat was takin care of (not trashed) the floors and interior were all solid and near perfect. The heat drys everything out so the wood never rots. But there are alot more hours on boats down here then there thats for sure.... That just gives us a excuse to repower with bigger motors!!!!

What are you having done at AZSPEED & MARINE????
Yep, That is another way to look at it.

Cordell
Old 10-02-2005, 09:59 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by poolshrk
Anyone know where to buy the glove compartment & cabin door "hydraulic lifting rams" mine took a dump (actuators are 6 inches closed & about 8 1/4 inches extended.

Got mine from West Marine
Old 10-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just bought a 91 32'fever I went through Trafalgar Ins they are in calif. they only required a survey. try them .
Old 10-04-2005, 10:10 AM
Registered

Fountain recently changed vendors for the "gas springs" for the cabin doors and they do not fit on the boats that had the previous "springlift" or Attwood gas springs. The "closed" length of the one's they have now is about 1/2" longer (the shock body is longer - shorter stroke, but same overall extended length) and it will break the latch off your cabin door when you try to close the lid , although they are about $10 cheaper than the previous ones. Best bet is to buy the Attwood one from West Marine. Learned this the hard way on our previous Fountain.
Old 10-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Registered

as for insurance my '91 Fever is insured through progressive.

Quick Reply: 1990 fever Insurnace HELP!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.