Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
New - Which Fountain do you own? >

New - Which Fountain do you own?

Notices
View Poll Results: What length Foutain do you own?
1.81%
13.12%
14.93%
8.60%
2.71%
23.08%
9.95%
17.19%
4.07%
Fish Boat
3.17%
Cruiser
1.36%
Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

New - Which Fountain do you own?

Old 10-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New - Which Fountain do you own?

of course they have already got their money and do not care.
Personally I would like my money back, they wont ever have
to worry about me promoting their product at the lake of the
ozarks again. It wont ever happen. I would just like the chance to make reggie feel as I do. I ordered a new 2001
with stag 575's. Asked for no bimini top, no gps puck on deck,
no latches on rear ladder cover. Flew down to the factory as my dealer said there must be a problem, they had agreed to the previous mentioned changes, no problem, guess what
they can't follow their own agreements. The bimini fixtures were installed on top of the gunnels, then removed and #10
powder coated screws installed, the GPS puck installed in middle of deck, however they managed to not put slides on
ladder locker, I stated do not send the boat. I willnot have a patched boat, they went ahead and sent boat to Raymonds.
It is unbelieveable that this company does not care, and they are above the law. I suggest Hustler or Nortech for this kind of money at least they care about their customer. If Mercury wants to back a company like this God Bless. Come on Fountain, I have all the documentation as you well know back
your ISO crap up. Hey Guys if you want the info as well as hull
graphs email me at [email protected]. Reggie get a grip
on life you can't jerk the buyer around and make the trip. What goes around comes around. It is us common people that have put you where you are, have you forgot where you came from???????????? Gary Binkley [email protected]
Old 10-21-2005, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 379 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Love Power Boats
I believe Reggie Fountain Is responsible for all this on this 99 42'. One of the other builders spoke with wyatt fountain at a boat show re: problems with this boat. His response was well they probably lost a customer, how-
ever it did not matter. The other builder was dumbfounded. Of course one of the folks at Fountain " told me that jeff harris was told that he should just replace the boat it was unrepairable, jeff said I was to forward, he did not like my approach, he was'nt going to". Would like the opportunity to Make Reggie, and Jeff feel the way they have made me feel. I have Junk
It seems like all of the builders have a few that slip between the cracks. I've heard similar horror stories involving Donzi and Cigarette, although I can't say that I've ever heard of Outerlimits treating someone that way.

I guess the one way to avoid this happening would be to only buy boats that you have taken on sea trials. While you may not uncover all the problems with a particual boat with a test ride, you sure would have known that it rode sidewise. But I guess that would preclude you from ordering a new boat from the factory.

Btw, how much does Fountain require as a down payment when you order a new one from the Factory? The only new boat I ordered was a Checkmate and I think I only put like 5K down on a 75K boat, and gave the rest after the boat was finished and sea trialed. How does Fountain work new boat payments?
Old 10-21-2005, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Love Power Boats
I believe Reggie Fountain Is responsible for all this on this 99 42'. One of the other builders spoke with wyatt fountain at a boat show re: problems with this boat. His response was well they probably lost a customer, how-
ever it did not matter. The other builder was dumbfounded. Of course one of the folks at Fountain " told me that jeff harris was told that he should just replace the boat it was unrepairable, jeff said I was to forward, he did not like my approach, he was'nt going to". Would like the opportunity to Make Reggie, and Jeff feel the way they have made me feel. I have Junk
Based on your comments that the boat is dangerous, Fountain could have some huge liability issues if the boat is ever in an accident. If that happens they will wish they had listened to you and resolved the problems.

I haven't heard of Cigarette treating customers in this manner. My dealings with Cigarette (Craig Berry) have always been positive. He was honest, striaght to the point and Cigarette always did what they said they would do.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Last edited by Fanatic; 10-22-2005 at 12:27 AM.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 379 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by Fanatic
I would suggest a good attorney. Based on your comments that the boat is dangerous, Fountain could have some huge liability issues if the boat is ever in an accident. If that happens they will wish they had listened to you and resolved the problems.
I haven't heard of Cigarette treating customers in this manner. My dealings with Cigarette (Craig Berry) have always been positive. He was honest, striaght to the point and Cigarette always did what they said they would do.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune.
There was a fellow OSO member on the boards here not too long ago who had purchased a new 42 cig with 1075's. He had a gazallion problems with the 1075's and Cig wouldn't stand behind them - they kept saying it was a merc problem. The bottomline was that he had a fortune in a new Cig that he couldn't use all season and he blamed Cig because they sold him the boat and (according to him) didn't fix it.
Old 10-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
There was a fellow OSO member on the boards here not too long ago who had purchased a new 42 cig with 1075's. He had a gazallion problems with the 1075's and Cig wouldn't stand behind them - they kept saying it was a merc problem. The bottomline was that he had a fortune in a new Cig that he couldn't use all season and he blamed Cig because they sold him the boat and (according to him) didn't fix it.
Interesting. You were correct as Cigarette has plenty of issues as well when I did a search.

If these problems are from the manufactures they should be bending over backward to fix them, especially if the problem is a safety issue.
PR and safety is crucial in the power boat business.

Last edited by Fanatic; 10-22-2005 at 01:05 AM.
Old 10-22-2005, 09:01 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

still got her 98 42 classic deck side by side 500's. I ordered this boat new in Feb98 took delivery june98 and have had 7 yrs of nothing but pleasure from this boat, havent had one problem. this is my second 42 and i loved the first just wanted to go faster.

later
Attached Thumbnails New - Which Fountain do you own?-fountain-dock.jpg   New - Which Fountain do you own?-fountain-bd-run.jpg   New - Which Fountain do you own?-shootout-picture-2.jpg  

Old 10-22-2005, 09:08 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Marginmn
although I can't say that I've ever heard of Outerlimits treating someone that way.

New 42 OL 700k this year with fuel tank leak....had to cut the floor open to fix it

I'm sure custom builders with 20-40 boats per year will be better to their customers in general.
Old 10-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Went from 29 Powerquest to 35 Fountain this year. I LOVE it...great handling, fun to drive, takes the water in Lake Michigan very well. My wife is suffering without a fridge or a microwave or headroom like the last boat...so I'll probably be heading for a Formula or (hopefully) a Cig in the next couple years. Love this bad boy, though..it's really easy to pick out in group Poker Run pictures!
Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Went from 29 Powerquest to 35 Fountain this year. I LOVE it...great handling, fun to drive, takes the water in Lake Michigan very well. My wife is suffering without a fridge or a microwave or headroom like the last boat...so I'll probably be heading for a Formula or (hopefully) a Cig in the next couple years. Love this bad boy, though..it's really easy to pick out in group Poker Run pictures!
You can get all that good stuff on a Fountain too, and have the handling and speed!!

Last edited by nolimits; 10-24-2005 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-23-2005, 11:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by nolimits
You can all that good stuff on a Fountain too, and have the handling and speed!!
Well almost...

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
or headroom

Quick Reply: New - Which Fountain do you own?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.