Cheap Fountain >

Cheap Fountain

Notices

Cheap Fountain

Old 01-21-2006, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Cheap Fountain

you never know----sometims you gotta go and no ones going in my porta potty.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Registered

I still have to recommend Matworks for carpet, you should give them a call and talk to Geoff. They have done everything possible to help anybody that I have sent to them. They even do some for Fountain. Unfortunately I can not speak about their price because I have not asked anybody what they were charged. Many times the carpets were inlaid and embroidered.

I am in the process of rebuilding a set of fountain bolsters to replace my old style ones but did not have much luck with the factory because they could not guarantee that the vinyl would match, color and grain, without replacing everything. I am still trying to decide on how I want to recover them,
Attached Thumbnails Cheap Fountain-seat3.jpg  
Old 01-21-2006, 06:11 PM
Registered

That pic makes the bolsters that I am rebuilding look good. After I pulled the skins off, I had to completely rebuild all of the wood. Fortunately, between the 2 sides, I had enough pieces to make patterns so I could re-cut the wood. Wood work is now done, I just have to find someone I trust to do the skins. I have done some of my own before but I am not that great with the stitching, YET.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:23 PM
Registered

i know what you mean ( mine looked good in the pics to)

and everone says project boats arent fun....

the project is what makes it YOUR boat...the story is the best part of tellin people about your boat...and you learn every angle, scratch, and detail about your boat....

Last edited by snielsen; 01-21-2006 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachangalpina
That pic makes the bolsters that I am rebuilding look good. After I pulled the skins off, I had to completely rebuild all of the wood. Fortunately, between the 2 sides, I had enough pieces to make patterns so I could re-cut the wood. Wood work is now done, I just have to find someone I trust to do the skins. I have done some of my own before but I am not that great with the stitching, YET.
Hey pachangalpina, do you think it would be possible to make another set of the Fountain bolsters you rebuilt using your patterns? I'm looking to update the interior of my 38 Fever and have not had any luck finding a set of used bolsters to start with. Thanks
Old 01-22-2006, 10:06 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My previous Fountain had the CRT (Corless Rotary Trim) in the wheel for the drive. It didn't have the loose cords like what your picture showed. I added a shifter trim button for the tabs. I didn't like reaching for the dash all the time.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by twinzilla
Hey pachangalpina, do you think it would be possible to make another set of the Fountain bolsters you rebuilt using your patterns? I'm looking to update the interior of my 38 Fever and have not had any luck finding a set of used bolsters to start with. Thanks
Sorry, I was using the old wood for the patterns and threw out all of the old rotten pieces when done. It was a pain in the a$$ remaking the pieces with all of the compound angles and such. If you were to make several sets at a time,it would be much easier because you could justify all the different thickness materials needed. Then you have to make the stainless frames. It is still worth finding a used set to start with. Check with Gail @ Fountain. I got mine from Extreme Graphics (I think that is right) in Washington NC. They do some of the custom graphics for Fountain and some of the re-rigs.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:52 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by pachangalpina
Sorry, I was using the old wood for the patterns and threw out all of the old rotten pieces when done. It was a pain in the a$$ remaking the pieces with all of the compound angles and such. If you were to make several sets at a time,it would be much easier because you could justify all the different thickness materials needed. Then you have to make the stainless frames. It is still worth finding a used set to start with. Check with Gail @ Fountain. I got mine from Extreme Graphics (I think that is right) in Washington NC. They do some of the custom graphics for Fountain and some of the re-rigs.
That's what I figured
I will continue my search for a used set. I talked to Gail a couple months ago but she couldn't help me out at the time. Maybe it's time for another call. Is that Extreme Graphics Joey Griffin's shop?
Thanks for the reply pachangalpina
Old 01-23-2006, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
My previous Fountain had the CRT (Corless Rotary Trim) in the wheel for the drive. It didn't have the loose cords like what your picture showed. I added a shifter trim button for the tabs. I didn't like reaching for the dash all the time.

I have the crt system on my boat. I wonder if it can be chromed?
Old 01-23-2006, 04:31 PM
Registered

im going to throw the old cords into the local bayliner showroom. im sure they will find a new home for them

Quick Reply: Cheap Fountain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.