Old 03-11-2006, 06:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Shorties?

Originally Posted by jryan26
Are you the new owner?
yep,
good think I checked the Classified's this morning, saved myself a few bucks, I was planning on going with Dean's lowers plus I had already acquired a set of -2 imco lower shafts.
Old 03-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Registered

Are most you using your Bravo internals, or are you thinking that the IMCO lowers with IMCO internals are necessary? I wouldn't mind springing for a pair of IMCO lowers, (using my existing internals). I wonder what would have to be done to beef up the Bravos? Both lower and top case. Would you have to do something to the top part of the Bravo? I thought this was the weakest link? I had looked at the IMCO lowers and XR upppers for around $7500 a side. Now that is a chunk. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Ran-Dom 32
prior to running the shorties, my boat ran best with 28 Bravo's labbed & diffuser ring cut. When I ran the sportmaster -2 lower, the only prop I got to try was a 30P labbed bravo. ( same RPM)
Ran-Dom 32,
Thanks for the response. Can you enlighten me a little more ? On your original standard setup did you see any gain when you cut the diffuser ring , and how much of the diffuser did you remove ? Were your props Merc labbed or one of the aftermarket gurus ? Where were you speed wise with your standard Bravo setup , and what was the gain with the -2 Sportmaster / 30" Bravo setup ? In your opinion how did the handling / control compare between the two setups ? Any water pressure issues ? Apologies in advance for all the questions. I'll be the first to admit this entire thread is an info fishing trip ! Your input is appreciated !
You are , by the way , correct regarding speeds posted. They seem high but they are noted as being per the speedo. Based on a hand held GPS and running next to several friends who have fixed GPS units my speedo reads about 2 - 3 MPH high. The reason that I posted the MPH in terms of speedo readings is because the hand held unit and friends were not a part of all the prop tests. Even though the speedo is not correct versus GPS or a radar gun it is consistent and always onboard. The comparison of one set of props to the others remains valid , at least as valid as any information can be from one boat to another. Again , the input is appreciated. I probably could have been a little clearer on this.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

picked up-2 sportmasters from Tres Martins classified last week

will post results in future

thanks Ragged & Random for your input !

38 1989 no step 650 blowers

Last edited by Nauti By Nature; 03-12-2006 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:17 PM
Registered

Has anyone tried the shorties from the Bravo Shop? Do they also have water pressure problems? How do they compare to the Imco's? They seem to be a little less money, just wondering if anyone has had experience with them? I was thinking about the 2"shorties since I found out that I have a 16 3/4" x-dimension.
Old 03-15-2006, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I would also be interested to know if there are any water pressure issues with the Bravo Shop lower. I'm considering one -2" for my -93 27 Fever.
Old 03-18-2006, 08:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

According to Dean (owner of the Bravo Shop) there is no increased water pressure. Also as compared to the IMCO he claims they are faster - the guy that had the set in the classifieds said he had tried both imco & Bravo shop (on a cat) & they were exactly the same top speed. I will post my results in a few weeks.
Old 03-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Registered

Ran Dom 32 are you leaving your uppers stock or upgrading to x or xr gears? What year is your single step Fountain? It seems that the lowers from the Bravo shop are $3,380/each. That is with the larger vertical shaft and 1 year warranty. Is that about the going price? Dean said the B-Max, $12,000, was overkill for my situation.
Old 03-18-2006, 01:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rebel, my boat is a '99 & I will be running stock uppers & Bravo Shop lowers with my stock internals. The only thing I'm swapping out are the cases & obviously a shorty vertical shaft.

Quick Reply: Shorties?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.