My new 35 lightning

Notices

My new 35 lightning

Old 10-27-2006, 10:10 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: My new 35 lightning

congrats now don't be afraid to run it on the big pond (lake Michigan)
Old 10-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations on your new boat...... The house in your posted picture is mine. I owned the boat until Mid-June of this year.... and am the one who kept the log to which you referred.... I bought it new in 2000. If you would like, I would be glad to talk to you about it. If Doug did not give you all the paperwork I give him, like the order invoice, I might be able to pull together copies. I would be happy to share further details on the boat's maintenance. I cannot remember if I recorded the maintenance details on the trailer, but I can probably help there also. I loved your new boat.... but it was time for me to settle down and consider my wife's boating needs. I bought a 42 ft Regal cruiser.

By the way, I have a spare set of props (15 1/4 x 30) you may want. They fit onto the prop holders in the engine compartment. They are standards and not lab finished like the ones that are currently on the boat.

I am currently out of the country until Nov 4th. If you want to talk, you can either email me at [email protected] or give me your number and I'll call you when I get back into the country.

Take care, Steve Ritter
Old 10-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Registered

By the way, I passed you last Saturday as you left Jamestown. I assume that was your red Chevy pulling it north. I didn't realize it would be the last time I would probably see the boat. At the time, I thought it was Doug pulling it to Unlimited Marine for winterization. I was the one he called to locate the cockpit cover.

I took the photos you posted and have many more.

One more thing, did Doug leave the Kentucky personalized tag on the trailer? If possible, I might like to get that back.

Take care, Steve
Old 10-27-2006, 12:32 PM
Registered

One last post.....

I first saw this model at the 2000 Miami boat show, where it was the featured boat at the Fountain booth. (got pictures) These were the exact colors of the boat from the show. From the split front stripes to the added "Fountain" name on the side. The standard "Classic" paint scheme did not come with the name on the side of the hull. When I ordered the boat, I specified "Miami boat show colors".

The trailer is a Hoss, (no longer manufactured), with Electric over hydraulic brakes. I had problems early with the brakes and installed a new master cylinder, new calipers (plated, not painted) and plated rotors. They had painted the inside of the caliper bore and the bubbled paint was clogging the pressure relief valve. Did you get the brakes hooked up properly and working? They really work well. You will never get drug down the ramp. Bearings and seals were replaced and packed two years ago and the bearing bores were completely filled with marine wheel bearing grease before installing the bearing buddies.

As you can tell.... I still have a passion for your new boat. I certainly will miss it, but am happy it now belongs to someone who is really excited and knows what they've got.

Enjoy.....
Old 10-27-2006, 01:10 PM
Registered

that's cool. I think you got a great ride, congrats again, hope to see ya next summer.
Old 10-27-2006, 03:25 PM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's too cool !!! I love hearing all the history behind a "new" used boat purchase.
www.chicagopowerboat.com
Old 10-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Registered

Nice looking boat, I really like the graphics very classy!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:00 PM
Registered

Beautiful boat. I have seen the one in MD one time comming through Kent Narrows
Old 10-28-2006, 06:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If it is not inappropriate, what was the ballpark price of that rig in 2000? Just curious to compare it to '07 pricing. Thanks!

G-
Old 10-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gferdon
If it is not inappropriate, what was the ballpark price of that rig in 2000? Just curious to compare it to '07 pricing. Thanks!

G-
That rig with those motors had an msrp of about $210,000. The boat probably sold for $170,000 brand new not including the trailer.That is such a pretty boat.

Last edited by 35 fountain; 10-28-2006 at 06:16 PM.

Quick Reply: My new 35 lightning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.