Identifying the Diff. between 35 Ligtning & EX >

Identifying the Diff. between 35 Ligtning & EX

Notices

Identifying the Diff. between 35 Ligtning & EX

Old 11-25-2006, 11:05 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Identifying the Diff. between 35 Ligtning & EX

How can you ID if a Fountain is a Lightning or an Executioner? I just bought a 2000 Lightning (that is what it was sold as). But how can you tell if it is a Lightning or an Executioner. I am very excited, either way, but confused. The boat has the venturi type of windshield (that is my preference). But when I look at pictures some have a Coast Guard frame type of windshield and others have the Venturi type. Was there a choice or did it go by year of manufacture? The hull ID number is FGQ35X------ is that a clue?
Thanks in advance.
David
Old 11-26-2006, 01:06 AM
Registered

Default Re: Identifying the Diff. between 35 Ligtning & EX

I would say that you have a 35 Classic or Executioneer. My 2001 Classic starts with the same hull ID as yours. The venturi type windshield is on the Executioneer.
Old 11-26-2006, 02:16 AM
Registered

I'm guessing you got an Ex.

Here is a 2000 Lightning with the framed windshield and notice the air scoops on the side.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-13412.html

Here is a 2000 Ex or Classic that has the venturi wind deflector and notice the vents on the side ILO air scoops. This is advertised as a Lightning but I believe that is incorrect.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/esvon/page-10814.html
Old 11-26-2006, 04:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If it has 2 steps on the side its a lightning if 1 its a EX .. Also if the engine are intakes are molded in its a lightning if louvered and removable its a EX
Attached Thumbnails Identifying the Diff. between 35 Ligtning & EX-38-port-resize.jpg   Identifying the Diff. between 35 Ligtning & EX-pass-.jpg  

Last edited by blownincome; 11-26-2006 at 04:44 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:41 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, the Lightning is much faster than the EX, The Lightning has a bigger cockpit than the EX, The Lighting has a soild engine hatch/sunpad that raise back and the EX has 2 pads that raise to the side, The Lightning has twin steps and the EX has 1 step, the Lightning has twin side naca looking air intake scoops and the EX has screw on louvers.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:07 AM
Platinum Member

Thank you for the all of the information. It is definately an Executoner. It has one step, venturi windshield, and does not have the molded side scoops, and the engine hatches open to the sides. So I guess I will have to revise my "what Fountain do you have" vote to an EX.

If the lightning and the EX are both 35' and the lightning has a bigger cockpit where does the extra room come from, what is smaller?
Dave
Old 11-26-2006, 09:35 AM
Registered

The Executioner has had 3 names over the years. It was called a lightning, then a classic deck when the twin step 35 was introduced, and then the executioner in 03. Here is the timeline anyone correct me if you need to. 35 lightning (89to 1999) Lightining from 2000 to present. Two 35s to choose from in 2000- the new twin step hull took the lightning name while renaming the old lightning a classic deck. This took place until 2003 when Fountain renamed the classic to the executioner. The Lightning is a twin step hull with a full windshield(glass not plexi) and a raised deck. Hope this helps.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by runafever
The Executioner has had 3 names over the years. It was called a lightning, then a classic deck when the twin step 35 was introduced, and then the executioner in 03. Here is the timeline anyone correct me if you need to. 35 lightning (89to 1999) Lightining from 2000 to present. Two 35s to choose from in 2000- the new twin step hull took the lightning name while renaming the old lightning a classic deck. This took place until 2003 when Fountain renamed the classic to the executioner. The Lightning is a twin step hull with a full windshield(glass not plexi) and a raised deck. Hope this helps.
Yes, thanks, I think mine is the Classic deck. I just looked it up in the NADA blue book and that confirmed what you are saying, in 2000 there was no 35 EX, but there was a Classic, so that must be what I have.

There is a lot of Fountain Knowledge on this list, thanks, Guys.
David
Old 11-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The 35 name is harder to keep track of than the who owns the Apache name. I still am at a loss when it comes to both.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 11-26-2006 at 09:58 AM.
Old 11-26-2006, 04:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Well, the Lightning is much faster than the EX, The Lightning has a bigger cockpit than the EX, The Lighting has a soild engine hatch/sunpad that raise back and the EX has 2 pads that raise to the side, The Lightning has twin steps and the EX has 1 step, the Lightning has twin side naca looking air intake scoops and the EX has screw on louvers.
The Lightning is 5 faster. I didn't know the sunpad raises backwards??
What does naca mean??
Attached Thumbnails Identifying the Diff. between 35 Ligtning & EX-spd-chart.gif  

Quick Reply: Identifying the Diff. between 35 Ligtning & EX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.