wanted:  fountain 38 or 42    1995-1999 >

wanted: fountain 38 or 42 1995-1999

Notices

wanted: fountain 38 or 42 1995-1999

Old 04-08-2007, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by monstaaa
easy steve, no need to feel defensive in your response, and i see no confrontation. steves oppinion altough lengthy is not completely off. the price is asking and reflects the needs and attention a used boat may and can warrant.
as for the different colors, weekend cabin, chips etc,,,. a lil blown out of proportion but then again my ideas are not his and he is intitled to his own.
the boat WAS originally a race boat(cabin went in at the factory, not for the sale of the boat 7 yrs later) then used as a consumer boat. the owner did poker run it , as well used it to run around in the bays and local waters. and yes those square plates are for lifting straps. as for selling it being not to good, you cant please everybody no matter how hard you try.
thankyou for clarifying and good luck in your search
my answer was directed specifically to "downtown42" .... he knows why...
the few words he wrote have a long history which i will not dare open up here again....
he pressed the wrong buttons and he knows it.

lets just turn the page quickly on that and concentrate on the main thing.. the thread is about me buying a 38 or 42.. so if anyone has anything to offer,please post..

monstaa,i am impressed that you kind of agree with me on the boat and have to say that yes, it was priced well to start with....
it was a race boat... the story is simple. it is pretty clear.

all i can say is that your dealership people are polite,courteous,they dont give you the seller's pitch.
ron seemed to agree with me on what was there...he did not try to sell it....
again, whoever installed and cleaned up the engine bay did a very clean job with whatever they had....it is all well done...just a few hoses for the power steering if i remeber and a few others that were different from one engine to the other..minor stuff....i said it.. the best thing on the boat was the engine bay..
Old 04-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stevemamanfountain
i am more inclined to buy a 38' but a 42 is also on my want list.

i flew out to look at the one at mariner's cove in long island /hampton bay.. it is advertised on the traderonline.com

the boat was a ex race boat i found out while there.... no vin # in the hull ! gone.. maybe painted or wrecked and rebuilt ...who knows.. interior cabin was converted to pleasure... i found out there ! etc.. etc...

if anyone wants to sell or is trading up, I AM A CHECK WRITER .
Stevemaman - I feel your pain - I got on planes twice only to find out that every thing looks good in pictures. I was about to go to Kentucky to look at a 2000 lightning when a 2004 Executioner with 26 hours came up for sale 2 hours from my house. The boat was 26 easy hours from brand new and I threw the guy an absurd offer and he actually took it. Something amazing will definitely come your way and you will know it when its right. Gettin on planes to go see boats sounds like fun in the beginning but turns to a drag when you dont see what you want when you get there. Hang in - have patients - you will find it and when you get it you will love it.

Last edited by 35 fountain; 04-08-2007 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
Stevemaman - I feel your pain - I got on planes twice only to find out that every thing looks good in pictures. I was about to go to Kentucky to look at a 2000 lightning when a 2004 Executioner with 26 hours came up for sale 2 hours from my house. The boat was 26 easy hours from brand new and I threw the guy an absurd offer and he actually took it. Something amazing will definitely come your way and you will know it when its right. Gettin on planes to go see boats sounds like fun in the beginning but turns to a drag when you dont see what you want when you get there. Hang in - have patients - you will find it and when you get it you will love it.
i learned one thing....better spend $$ on plane tickets, visit the 51 states.... than actually buying sight unseen from a fou...n dealer and spending 2-3 months fixing it while the summer goes by and snow comes in ...
i realise that i am doing the good thing not to rely on pics and desciption... these were 2 negatives boats for me... and i am glad i saw before paying !

like i say to myself... stop looking, let it come to you... people know i have the $$ for a 38-42... up to 125 000k budget for this summer toy for a boat.... one guy will need a check for a sonic/fountain...i will be there ,ready...

THIS IS A BUYER'S MARKET...NOT A SELLER'S MARKET AND CASH IS KING DURING THESE TIMES...
Old 04-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that is an expression i use my self ,CASH IS KING .
and thankyou. i feel the same way about our team.

im only concentrated on getting on the water. keeping the water safe for us, and if i can help others do the same

Last edited by monstaaa; 04-08-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

why make such a stupid statement like this..why start a confrontation when one is not needed.
read below..
easy their killer don't mess with DT you might get the Bone

Last edited by tomtbone1993; 04-09-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
is their killer don't mess with DT you might get the Bone
again, DONT add FUEL ,
THE THREAD i posted is for me to locate a boat, not to talk about anything else ...so lets move in that direction.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:48 PM
Registered

i flew out to look at the one at mariner's cove in long island /hampton bay.. it is advertised on the traderonline.com

the boat was a ex race boat i found out while there.... no vin # in the hull ! gone.. maybe painted or wrecked and rebuilt ...who knows.. interior cabin was converted to pleasure... i found out there ! etc.. etc...

sounds to me you are bashing another dealer, as well as finding a boat.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
sounds to me you are bashing another dealer, as well as finding a boat.
read the long post i made. it is pretty clear what position i have towards that dealer.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

listen guys, we are all fountain fans.i actually have the fountain logo tatooed around my belly button. lets focus our energies of bashing or not bashing on something more suited,,,,,,,. like aim it all towards outer limits... just kidding.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:36 AM
Registered

Priced at $85K what did you expect?
Look at runafever's 38...it's well cared for and has a few updates done to her also.
Good Luck on the hunt.

Quick Reply: wanted: fountain 38 or 42 1995-1999

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.