wanted:  fountain 38 or 42    1995-1999 >

wanted: fountain 38 or 42 1995-1999

Notices

wanted: fountain 38 or 42 1995-1999

Old 04-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wanted: fountain 38 or 42 1995-1999

i am more inclined to buy a 38' but a 42 is also on my want list.

i flew out to look at the one at mariner's cove in long island /hampton bay.. it is advertised on the traderonline.com

the boat was a ex race boat i found out while there.... no vin # in the hull ! gone.. maybe painted or wrecked and rebuilt ...who knows.. interior cabin was converted to pleasure... i found out there ! etc.. etc...

if anyone wants to sell or is trading up, I AM A CHECK WRITER .
Old 04-08-2007, 12:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.offshoreonlyclassifieds.c...b192_0-en.html
Old 04-08-2007, 02:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by stevemamanfountain

i flew out to look at the one at mariner's cove in long island /hampton bay.. it is advertised on the traderonline.com

the boat was a ex race boat i found out while there.... no vin # in the hull ! gone.. maybe painted or wrecked and rebuilt ...who knows.. interior cabin was converted to pleasure... i found out there ! etc.. etc...

if anyone wants to sell or is trading up, I AM A CHECK WRITER .
You neeed to check out Tbonetom's 42 very nice he has spent some major $$ making that boat top notch. Cmi Exhaust engines have pretty much break in hours only on it! look in the classifieds. or pm him.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by stevemamanfountain

if anyone wants to sell or is trading up, I AM A CHECK

WRITER .

actually steve ma man i know. i have maintained that boat for the last 6 years for the owner. i recieved your e mail, how ever i didnt open it until after you were in( computer problems on my side,, ) the boat was an ex- factory 2 boat built for the worlds, and dialed in at fountain originally. the cabin was then reinstalled not converted. the boat was never wrecked. the boat was used, not abused.
your remarks of etc,, etc,, are not clear and should be clearified.as far as the boat no one knows it better then me. the price is on and you probably could have been negotiated to better suit you.
fountains rule hense why the original owner ended up with this, which i also built for him, and is for sale as well.
Attached Thumbnails wanted:  fountain 38 or 42    1995-1999-42-manhasset.jpg   wanted:  fountain 38 or 42    1995-1999-007-f.jpg  
Old 04-08-2007, 09:56 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by monstaaa
actually steve ma man i know. i have maintained that boat for the last 6 years for the owner. i recieved your e mail, how ever i didnt open it until after you were in( computer problems on my side,, ) the boat was an ex- factory 2 boat built for the worlds, and dialed in at fountain originally. the cabin was then reinstalled not converted. the boat was never wrecked. the boat was used, not abused.
your remarks of etc,, etc,, are not clear and should be clearified.as far as the boat no one knows it better then me. the price is on and you probably could have been negotiated to better suit you.
fountains rule hense why the original owner ended up with this, which i also built for him, and is for sale as well.

I would make sure you sell anything as-is to Stevemama...

He seems to have probs with dealers.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:32 AM
Registered

MY 38 is still for sale. New custom painted Manning triaxle trailer with boxes and drive guard included but not shown in pics. Visit www.thomasclassics.com for pics.

RAF
Old 04-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42

why make such a stupid statement like this..why start a confrontation when one is not needed.
read below..

Last edited by chevalcabre; 04-08-2007 at 11:30 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:29 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by monstaaa
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/0/88133700.htm

"1999 FOUNTAIN 38' Fever, Immaculately clean speedboat. Bravo #1 Drives. 500 HP, CMI Headers, Fresh Water Flush, Dual Batteries, Color Coated Bezel Guages. Custom Steering wheel. Full GPS and all the electronics,"

-nowhere did it say that this was a "race fountain"
-later i found out it was a no cabin delivered boat..this is what the fountain dealer mariner's cove told me ....
-then it was installed to sell the boat..
-the VIN IS NOT ON THE HULL. both the fountain dealer and i couldnt locate the vin on the transom... and i am SURE that the fountain dealer knows where the vin is stamped.. i also know as i already owned a fountain... THE VIN IS MISSING THERE. which is why we thought is may have been redone in that area ..at least... why would someone sand away the vin ?????????

there are paint chips.. and seems like blue paint underneath on the deck near the sunroofs...
the exhausts are definitely not waterwater resistant where they go through the transom...i would from the outside see through to the engine bay... no silicone..... so what..you're in the water and expect water to accumulate into the engine bay...! nice.

the motors have many diffeent hoses...on one motor...red rubber, on the other black.... lots of things not matching...seems like someone ran out of certain things..used whatever was left in the drawers...

engine bay is very clean.
seems like all the wiring etc... was redone and well installed. clean looking.. the engine bay is the only nice part of the boat....

there are pieces of fiberglass cut out.so fit the headers... not well cut.. not a clean fitting job..looked like a fast food jobjust to get the headers in there... there are some metal plates to hide holes in the engine bay....

cockpit has many stress cracks....every edge has cracks.. i guess this is from racing...

cabin is a disaster...was put in , in one afternoon i think !
they glued some cheap grey "speaker box material." whatever it is called...
there is glue overlapping everywhere...there is carpet not fitting everywhere..unglued...basically disgusting.

the panels and units that were installed are all loose, not straight..nothing seems to be in its place.
broken door to get into the cabin.

basically, the cabin is in need of a COMPLETE re-do if you want a pleasure boat.
it looks like the boat is 15 years old.... definitely not a 1999.

it seems like there was a railing on the deck that was removed....like the holes were patched... you can see reflection of holes every foot or two... like it was plastered and painted...

dings and chips here and there....

someone cut out on the rear of the boat some holes to put in some vents....
and there are some square plates with loops to use to attach a rope or a hook , i guess for the racing so they can yak it out of the water if it sinks !
they dont belong there and need to get removed and re-done back to original..
the factory ones are right next to them.. so it looks stupid having all of these !
upholstery is fair....

trailer : disaster , home made in a back yard... not even a garage !

bottom line :

re-do cabin from top to bottom
clean up engine bay and install match hoses
lots of fiberglass work,block holes and remove plates...
lots of paint work
live with all the stress cracks or fix them ??
buy a new trailer
buy a door,carpet.

VIN ISSUE needs to be adressed ??? how, no idea.

you will spend time, LOTS OF $$$, and will have a nice boat in the end.. with a STORY...
total cost will be above any 38 fountain on the market unless you buy it very very cheap.

********* "Immaculately clean speedboat" *********

you be the judges.....

(all this is only steve maman looking for 20 min. at the boat... imagine a surveyor...all gages, lights, humidity level ? delamination ?? stringers ?? water test ?? )

PLEASE READ CARFULLY:

the people at the mariner's cove...ron i think is his name...

VERY VERY NICE FELLOW...NOT A B.S SALESMAN.
welcoming, polite and seemed to be truthfull.

for him to be selling a boat like this FOR THE CLIENT is bad thing in my book... it is as if i had a salvage titled ferrari in my showroom or a bad bad ferrari.... never ! it would ruin all my other cars ...

he advertised the boat for the owner and DOES NOT OWN IT... just so all is clear..

WHY DID HE WRITE UP THE AD THIS WAY ???? PERFECT BOAT ?

well, i know for a fact that he only received the boat the day before i flew in.. the owner sent him pictures...he advertised it with the info he was given...
the fact is he had no idea on anything when i called him prior to flying in....
NOT HIS FAULT... the sellers always think their stuff is the best and it is mint...

THE OWNER of the boat needs to come to reality. he has an ex race boat that was put back together a million times...stuff after a while stopped matching ,stuff was fitted...stuff needed to be fitted , hence the holes,plates...

this should have stayed a race boat and be sold as one...would have been maybe easier to sell....

from what i understand, mr. lupo had sold it after he was done with it. the current owner,a family member put it back together to use it as a pleasure boat.

85000$ was asking...i wrote up a contract at 80000$ ..i was told it had been poker run'ed lots of times...wished i knew it was a race version that was converted back to pleasure as per the version of the facts the dealer told me or monstaa that now reveals it was a pleasure that was stripped then put back... who cares.. it was played with..not an original boat..

there are many original boats that went to poker runs... no one rips out their cabin and makes holes everywhere.... this boat was not a poker run boat but a real race boat.

AGAIN, mariner's cove are not on the wrong ...just so it is clear. i am crtisizing the boat's quality.. not the seller or the salesman.

i offered him 65000$ before leaving ,never got a call.it was alow offer but i believe it aint worth an extra dime... that's my belief..

Last edited by chevalcabre; 04-08-2007 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42

What he said.
Old 04-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Registered

easy steve, no need to feel defensive in your response, and i see no confrontation. steves oppinion altough lengthy is not completely off. the price is asking and reflects the needs and attention a used boat may and can warrant.
as for the different colors, weekend cabin, chips etc,,,. a lil blown out of proportion but then again my ideas are not his and he is intitled to his own.
the boat WAS originally a race boat(cabin went in at the factory, not for the sale of the boat 7 yrs later) then used as a consumer boat. the owner did poker run it , as well used it to run around in the bays and local waters. and yes those square plates are for lifting straps. as for selling it being not to good, you cant please everybody no matter how hard you try.
thankyou for clarifying and good luck in your search

Quick Reply: wanted: fountain 38 or 42 1995-1999

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.