Boat Cover Issues >

Boat Cover Issues

Notices

Boat Cover Issues

Old 06-17-2007, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boat Cover Issues

A couple of weeks ago several folks were discussing boat cover options. I promised a full report when I got mine on. I ordered a cover through www.boatcoversdirect.com at the suggestion of a couple of OSO members for my '01 38 Lightning.

On their website, they only sell '04-'07 38 lightning covers. I spoke to someone at Boatcoversdirect, and they said the cover would fit. My boat has the high windshield so I was a little skeptical. They said if it didn't fit to send it back and they'd refund the money.

The cover is a sunbrella type waterproof cover and cost $600.00. I just got it on this week and I'm extremely happy. I can't vouch for any other size, but the cover fits great, looks good, and repels water so well that when it gets wet the water looks like mercury. Anyway, for anyone looking for an affordable boat cover solution for their 38, I'm very pleased with mine.

Just wanted to share.

95horn
Old 07-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would love to see a picture with the cover on the boat.

Regards,

John
Old 07-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Registered

That was me that started the thread. My cover just shredded when the rains finally came. How tough does the fabric feel? Boatcoversdirect wants $428 for the best fabric for my 29, but someone turned me on to discountboatcovers and they sell the same for 350. Want to be sure that the new one is tough and waterproof as the current one is not.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by UNSANE
That was me that started the thread. My cover just shredded when the rains finally came. How tough does the fabric feel? Boatcoversdirect wants $428 for the best fabric for my 29, but someone turned me on to discountboatcovers and they sell the same for 350. Want to be sure that the new one is tough and waterproof as the current one is not.
I'll put some pics up of my cover this week on the boat. I'm very pleased with the material. It's strong and completely waterproof. We've had rain nearly every day here in Texas for about a month and a half and the cover really does well. I've been very pleased.
Old 07-11-2007, 09:55 AM
Registered

Got my cover last week from Coversdirect and I'm happy with the cover. for the price you can't go wrong. Very nice fit. Just a little loose in from of the windshield but nothing that I can't deal with.

8oz Polygard in Black
Old 07-11-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

Drag 'N,

I agree, there's some slack in the front of my windshield as well, but doesn't cause a problem. Overall, I'm very pleased. I went with the 8oz Black poly as well.

95horn
Old 07-11-2007, 11:33 PM
Registered

And, I paid $1,200 for a custom cover on my 35!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:38 PM
Registered

I bought the lightest weight cover from Carrie Covers (see Powerboat mag ads) for about $1,400 and it shredded in 3 weeks. I called and they supplied me with a new one in their better and heavier material (about 11 lbs total)-the first one weighed like 6 lbs. This one has been on daily for 2 years and it is perfect still. My friend called them last week for his 42' L'ing and they quoted $2,300 or so. Good product but $
Old 07-13-2007, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 451 Likes on 220 Posts

Carrie Covers quoted me $1800 for a 35 lightning cover and a local canvas shop wanted $1300 for a poly/cotton custom fit that would take 10 weeks to make.

Boatcoversdirect.com $400 and 5 days from order to on the boat. Fit's great. These guys are going to make the local shops think twice about their pricing!
Old 07-13-2007, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 451 Likes on 220 Posts

Also, boatcoversdirect will take any cover back for a full refund if you don't like it.

Nothing to lose!

Quick Reply: Boat Cover Issues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.