Bottom Blue Printing >

Bottom Blue Printing

Notices

Bottom Blue Printing

Old 10-10-2007, 08:27 AM
RBT
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 1 Post

Rebel, I wouldn't even consider it for $4000.00. I do some smaller raceboats and charge almost that, it is a horrible job. I have done a bunch of bottoms and the ONLY way I will do them is with the boat rolled over...... no fuel, no motors, no nothing that cannot be inverted in the boat.
Bottom blueprinting is an art, but done correctly is a great gain. You should get, speed, efficency, and handling...... like I said above ALL boats shrink..... and they don't shrink straight. A symmetrical bottom is critical on a good running boat.

RT
Old 10-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not take it to fountain directly? I would think if anyone knows their bottoms it's them. (Punn intended)
Old 10-10-2007, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was closer, I would definitely consider Fountain. Having done nothing to the bottom, after talking to several people - it seems there is some speed there. I just want to be sure I chose someome with positive experience.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:31 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's a 10-12 hr drive to make sure it is right? I have had some issues with the Factory, but I can only say that our race boat is fast! All the Fountain race boats are fast and everyone of them have factory blue printed boats. The 3 most important things to straight line speed are HP, Prop and bottom.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:50 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Can I get more info on this? I have heard not to do it on race boats because the reasons stated (reduce drag) but thought it was ok on pleasure boats...

Thanks!
I give my boats bottom 2 coats of wax in the spring before taking to the lake. I can tell the wax is wearing off by mid/late summer because it starts to show staining. And this from a boat that either is on the lift or trailer, never stays in water over 6hrs at a time. I'm not after that extra mph, but more of a bottom that easier to keep clean and doesn't stain. 5 yrs and still going good. Always Slimey Grimey'd right before winter storage so ready to wax the bottom next spring.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel_Heart
Runninhotracing - I appreciate the information that we talked about this afternoon.

I am still concerned about the $4,000 price for doing a 35' boat. Does anyone else think this a little steep?
give PETE or CHRIS at SKATER a call 269-857-1764 and they have a guy close to the factory that does them .Let me know or i can look up his # when i go to the office . He did mention he likes to do them flipped over but will do them on a creeper if need be and looks for work in between SKATER sending him work
ROCK ON
Old 10-10-2007, 09:20 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

There was a guy in the Fountain forum 2 yrs ago that had his bottom blueprinted here in IN. if I recall correctly. Might do a search.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
There was a guy in the Fountain forum 2 yrs ago that had his bottom blueprinted here in IN. if I recall correctly. Might do a search.
Dennis had his boat done by Captain Nabbers. Here is a link to the thread. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...threadid=64578

Dan
Old 10-10-2007, 10:38 PM
Registered

Captain Nabbers name keeps coming up. Are people satisfied with job performed? How much speed was gained with what type of boat?

Does anyone know what Fountain charges at the factory? Any testimonials?
Old 10-10-2007, 10:49 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

That be da one Dan. Also I see it is IL, not IN.

Quick Reply: Bottom Blue Printing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.