Bottom Blue Printing >

Bottom Blue Printing

Notices

Bottom Blue Printing

Old 10-21-2007, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Rebel_Heart
I used a 4' board and placed it in line with the bottom two strakes on either side of the center line. I didn't see any gaps. Does this mean that the bottom is straight? How percise do you have to be to detect any flaws in the bottom? I don't want to throw money away if their is no speed gain.

I would use a metal straightedge rather than a board, a board might not be as straight as you think. And go out to 6 or 8 feet to get a better idea.
Old 10-21-2007, 11:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will try a metal edge next time, good idea. I don't think that Fountains are blueprinted at the factory. I know you can have it done for additonal money. When I spoke with Marty Boosinger, he suggested that there might be some hidden speed here.

Anyone else heard that all Fountains are blueprinted?
Old 10-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Platinum Member

I will try a metal edge next time, good idea. I don't think that Fountains are blueprinted at the factory. I know you can have it done for additonal money. When I spoke with Marty Boosinger, he suggested that there might be some hidden speed here.

Anyone else heard that all Fountains are blueprinted?
This quote is taken off the Fountain web site. I don't know how true it is, I just know that I read it there.
The Fountain Difference

Fountain has won more offshore World and National Championships than all of the largest 100 marine manufactures combined
Fountain has won 5 of the last 12 Southern Kingfish Association World Championships and it has absolutely dominated the American Striper Association
Fountain features a unitized construction which bonds our hulls and decks with pop rivets, Plexus, fiberglass, through bolting, 5200 sealant, and rub rail screws
Our state-of-the-art hull designs include the notched transom, pad keel and super ventilated positive lift hull which makes us the leader in races won and speed records established
Space age materials which include multi-directional glasses, Interplastic vinyl ester resins and high density foam core materials give us the strongest, most dependable boat in the industry
Through vertical integration we build and control the quality of more than 75% of our boat's component parts by producing them at our factory including; bolster seats, bow rails, interiors, fuel tanks, windshields, canvas enclosures and much more
All Fountains are built at our high-tech, on the water facility which is ISO 9001 certified in order to ensure ultimate quality
Each bottom is blueprinted to exact specifications Each boat is water tested and tuned prior to delivery
Fountain offers you an unmatched legendary image
Unequaled resale value
6 year limited hull warranty
Unrivaled fuel efficiency due to low hydrodynamic drag
Incredible performance
Old 10-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Registered

I'll call Fountain and find out. I think that is a general statement about Fountain hulls. I really wonder if they take each hull and take 3-4 weeks to blueprint after coming out of the mold. But it doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When the factory 2 boats came out they all had they're bottoms done. Don't know about the pleasure boats. I would expect all the race boats get checked and touched up often. And it wouldn't take them very log, hours or days not weeks given there resources.
Jim
Old 10-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll call Fountain and find out. I think that is a general statement about Fountain hulls. I really wonder if they take each hull and take 3-4 weeks to blueprint after coming out of the mold. But it doesn't hurt to ask.
RB get that BADD DOG on the trailer and head south to TEXAS ,The DEREBERY BOYZ mentioned you wont find a better guy ,and you'll be happy with the work & results
Old 10-23-2007, 01:10 PM
Registered

I am probably going to wait until early spring now. I do need to call Leon D. and to Billy Reedy again for references. I appreciate the info - Runninhot. Did you decide, are you going KW for the races?
Old 10-23-2007, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am probably going to wait until early spring now. I do need to call Leon D. and to Billy Reedy again for references. I appreciate the info - Runninhot. Did you decide, are you going KW for the races?
We are still boatless and CHRIS at SKATER pushed the pick up date up again till end of DEC now,Trying to get to CALI this weekend to check out a 32 SKATER for a spare (if it has'nt parrished in the fire) if you cant get a hold of LEON and need his cell let me know .good luck and probably see ya in KW