Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29??? >

Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29???

Notices

Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29???

Old 12-07-2007, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
So it Bush's fault Reggie DC the 27 & 29??????
no not at all in my opinion. but someone said they got a 150k quote for a 29 which jives with what i was quoted 6 months ago. perhaps the market is partially responding to the perception that the 29 might be "overpriced" if i could get a 35 ex with 496's for not much more or maybe even the lightning?? i don't know but i didn't say anything about bush. today's issues are comprised of lots and lots of things being compounded etc. there is no one quick easy blame for the pains that be out there. but come on, the oil scam is just that- scam. supply & demand curves sure don't consider all the oil we have saved, buried, locked down.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
So it Bush's fault Reggie DC the 27 & 29??????
Yup - I'm sure it is his fault. Now papa Bush is cool as he owns a Fountain
Old 12-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Has anyone noted that their stock price has dropped about 60% since they quit making them. 1.30 a share I just spent 22 grand more for my 38 by losing that much on the stock.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Roger
Has anyone noted that their stock price has dropped about 60% since they quit making them. 1.30 a share I just spent 22 grand more for my 38 by losing that much on the stock.
yeah but have you taken a look around at all of the other boat retailers and builders? excluding the million plus dollar yachts, powerboat sales are at a stand still and have been for a while. everybody is down but fountain is more noticed by customers, fans, and haters because they're one of the few boat builders in that class that are public. imagine if you bought a bayliner, maxum, or searay and applied that same scenerio. sure, brunswick is pub also but they don't have a ticker for each name sold so it's not very easy for the fast reader to find out actually how good or bad the other names are doing right now. fountain has a ticker for the only thing it sells so good, bad, or whatever, they get noticed instantly.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:20 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
More nonsence from the left. And let me guess - you buy the oil companies line that China and India's economy is expanding so we need to pay more over here. Let me spell it out for you - at $60 a barrel we were paying $3.27 a gallon in May, on the street - now that oil is up in the mid ninties a barrel I am paying $2.95 a gallon. Shortage of oil my a$$ - when is the last time you saw a line at the gas stations? That big jug handle pitcher with the smiley face is in your kitchen - not mine - drink up
I think you need a refresher....It isnt the oil companies that control the prices(they just post them.) Its called oil futures analysts, and their predictions. And its called oil supply brokers. If you turn on the tv, to even your favorite lefty channel, you will see that predictions are made on oil supply. Many factors come into play here. Weather, demand, OPEC, environmentalists, and govt. They predict what oil barrels will go for in the next weeks and months. Brokers then buy and sell the oil based on those predictions. Oil companies get the crude, refine it, make their 7% margin(very low) and it hits the pump. Lets say something bad happens to the future of supplies....gas goes up instantly, regardless of the barrel price. This is a constant supply and demand, although i doubt any dem think that through all the way. If the future cost of oil is expected to rise, than the price will also, immediately. Oil isnt purchased for some price, refined for that price, and sold for that price. Know why? B/C the demand will always be there and will always go up. Got it? I guess the question is what are your plans to fix the up and downs? More taxes...that wont do it. Punish the oil company for pricing based on supply predictions....that wont do it. Tell the oil companies they dont get to make profit? Tighten enviro regualations....nope. Deny other players into the oil game....nope. Get the govt to take over.....never, ever, worked anyplace its tried. Oh wait...i know....get a democrat in power and things will naturally smooth out. Please...try again.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:34 AM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

What happens when your cost to make something is predicted to go up? What happens when your expected to make this product regardless, keep it flowing all the time, and demand will always increase? What happens when youve outgrown your ability to meet demand? Is the answer in the white house? I dont expect you to be truthful.
Old 12-08-2007, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Most of Exxon's first-quarter earnings were from oil and natural gas, not from selling gasoline.

And Exxon's profit margins are below-average compared with others that have triggered no outcry. Exxon's first-quarter profit margin was 9.4%, meaning it kept 9.4 cents of every $1 in revenue. Microsoft kept 27.3 cents of every $1 in revenue in its most recent quarter; General Electric, 11.4 cents and McDonald's, 12.3 cents. In fact, Exxon is below the 11-cent average of Standard & Poor's 500 companies, says analyst Howard Silverblatt.
Good read...

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=3947
Old 12-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
What happens when your cost to make something is predicted to go up? What happens when your expected to make this product regardless, keep it flowing all the time, and demand will always increase? What happens when youve outgrown your ability to meet demand? Is the answer in the white house? I dont expect you to be truthful.
First of all I am a registered republican and thats the way I vote. Second - You are getting ripped off every time you pull into the pump. The speculators are driving the price and Exxon Mobil continues to profit in the $40 billion dollar range because .07 cents on $95 is a heck of a lot more than .07 cents on $10. The whole thing is scandelous and it is all about separating you from your dollar. Everthing and I mean everything has increased in price as a result of it. I am not saying that the government should get in the oil business but I do think that energy as a whole should be regulated. Here in Maryland our wonderful energy company BG&E was just deregulated and gave it's self a 72% increase on the price of electric. It was profitable before and now it is wildly profitable. It was enough to cause the Govenor to loose his job. The fact of the matter is that you have to buy the stuff weather you like it or not and these greed ridden executives who are getting $50 milllion dollar bonuses cannot be trusted to act in the best interests of the public.
Old 12-08-2007, 05:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

SDFever

Last time I was quoted a price on a 35 was at miami boat show 2007 I was told around 320K w/ 496 HO's, at that price I am sure Fountain is making a nice profit, considering you can get other similar boats for 80K less with same options.

Will
Old 12-08-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
SDFever

Last time I was quoted a price on a 35 was at miami boat show 2007 I was told around 320K w/ 496 HO's, at that price I am sure Fountain is making a nice profit, considering you can get other similar boats for 80K less with same options.

Will

496's so i assume that quote was on an ex and not a lightning then right? do they put that engine in lightning or do you have to step up to next largest engine what ever it would be at the time of sale?

is it possible to get an ex with staggard 496's instead of 525's?

Quick Reply: Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.