Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29??? >

Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29???

Notices

Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29???

Old 12-08-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

320 is high for a Lightning, you can not get staggered engines in the EX
Old 12-08-2007, 09:12 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
First of all I am a registered republican and thats the way I vote. Second - You are getting ripped off every time you pull into the pump. The speculators are driving the price and Exxon Mobil continues to profit in the $40 billion dollar range because .07 cents on $95 is a heck of a lot more than .07 cents on $10. The whole thing is scandelous and it is all about separating you from your dollar. Everthing and I mean everything has increased in price as a result of it. I am not saying that the government should get in the oil business but I do think that energy as a whole should be regulated. Here in Maryland our wonderful energy company BG&E was just deregulated and gave it's self a 72% increase on the price of electric. It was profitable before and now it is wildly profitable. It was enough to cause the Govenor to loose his job. The fact of the matter is that you have to buy the stuff weather you like it or not and these greed ridden executives who are getting $50 milllion dollar bonuses cannot be trusted to act in the best interests of the public.
I am in the same boat....but your anger is pointed in the wrong direction. If the shareholders(and the board of directors) want to give the CEO a 50 million severance package than so what.....it doesnt affect the price of your gas one cent, and isnt anything to get worried about. You want the govt to step in and say the stock holders cannot give him the money for a profitable year? They are publicly traded companies so check the numbers yourself. Profit margins are still at the same place weather the 50 million is paid or not. Its called class warfare and jealousy. My point is, and ill be brief, gas ie. oil is traded on a futures market and fussing about the oil companies job doesnt solve anything. They are the scape goat invented by the media b/c big dollars are involved and most people cannot fathom the numbers. Let them build more refineries to meet demand. Relax enviro regulations that help nothing. Stop taxing 50cents of every gallon of gas for greedy pig politicians. Let us explore for oil in our own neck of the woods. And for Gods sake, let us have a say in what happens in the ME...we make them wealthy. If you do these things than maybe, just maybe, the business landscape will be such that other companies can come in and compete.....that is how you lower prices.

Last edited by tblrklakemo; 12-08-2007 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:37 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 125 Likes on 64 Posts

BTW: although it takes a "barrel of oil" to make XXX gallons of gas, those barrels are used to make alot of other things too. Oil/gas prices are not fixed to mirror each other exactly.
Old 12-08-2007, 11:53 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

More nonsence from the left. And let me guess - you buy the oil companies line that China and India's economy is expanding so we need to pay more over here. Let me spell it out for you - at $60 a barrel we were paying $3.27 a gallon in May, on the street - now that oil is up in the mid ninties a barrel I am paying $2.95 a gallon. Shortage of oil my a$$ - when is the last time you saw a line at the gas stations? That big jug handle pitcher with the smiley face is in your kitchen - not mine - drink up

So you don't think China and India are using more oil (or enough of an increase), or you don't think using more oil effects the price? Do you know what sets the price (no, it's Cheney or anything from Big Brother)? Have you heard anything about the number of refineries we have and how that effects price? If you are aware of any of that, do you know why we do not build more refineries? Be careful buying the "band wagon" line of poop.

I am also sure it has jack to do with the question and point of this thread. IMO

Old 12-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
I think you need a refresher....It isnt the oil companies that control the prices(they just post them.) Its called oil futures analysts, and their predictions. And its called oil supply brokers. If you turn on the tv, to even your favorite lefty channel, you will see that predictions are made on oil supply. Many factors come into play here. Weather, demand, OPEC, environmentalists, and govt. They predict what oil barrels will go for in the next weeks and months. Brokers then buy and sell the oil based on those predictions. Oil companies get the crude, refine it, make their 7% margin(very low) and it hits the pump. Lets say something bad happens to the future of supplies....gas goes up instantly, regardless of the barrel price. This is a constant supply and demand, although i doubt any dem think that through all the way. If the future cost of oil is expected to rise, than the price will also, immediately. Oil isnt purchased for some price, refined for that price, and sold for that price. Know why? B/C the demand will always be there and will always go up. Got it? I guess the question is what are your plans to fix the up and downs? More taxes...that wont do it. Punish the oil company for pricing based on supply predictions....that wont do it. Tell the oil companies they dont get to make profit? Tighten enviro regualations....nope. Deny other players into the oil game....nope. Get the govt to take over.....never, ever, worked anyplace its tried. Oh wait...i know....get a democrat in power and things will naturally smooth out. Please...try again.
Very Good!! You have more patience than I.....

Last edited by nolimits; 12-09-2007 at 12:00 AM. Reason: Can't type
Old 12-09-2007, 12:02 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

First of all I am a registered republican and thats the way I vote. Second - You are getting ripped off every time you pull into the pump. The speculators are driving the price and Exxon Mobil continues to profit in the $40 billion dollar range because .07 cents on $95 is a heck of a lot more than .07 cents on $10. The whole thing is scandelous and it is all about separating you from your dollar. Everthing and I mean everything has increased in price as a result of it. I am not saying that the government should get in the oil business but I do think that energy as a whole should be regulated. Here in Maryland our wonderful energy company BG&E was just deregulated and gave it's self a 72% increase on the price of electric. It was profitable before and now it is wildly profitable. It was enough to cause the Govenor to loose his job. The fact of the matter is that you have to buy the stuff weather you like it or not and these greed ridden executives who are getting $50 milllion dollar bonuses cannot be trusted to act in the best interests of the public.
Please don"t tell people you are a republican and then pour those rants out there. We have enough trouble!!
Old 12-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Registered
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
SDFever

Last time I was quoted a price on a 35 was at miami boat show 2007 I was told around 320K w/ 496 HO's, at that price I am sure Fountain is making a nice profit, considering you can get other similar boats for 80K less with same options.

Will
35 Exec's were going for 160k, last year. 320k is nuts... You can get a 38 with 525's for that...
Old 12-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Let them build more refineries to meet demand. Relax enviro regulations that help nothing. Stop taxing 50cents of every gallon of gas for greedy pig politicians. Let us explore for oil in our own neck of the woods. And for Gods sake, let us have a say in what happens in the ME...we make them wealthy. If you do these things than maybe, just maybe, the business landscape will be such that other companies can come in and compete.....that is how you lower prices.
Yea - all of these are definately factors. BTW - it is the board of directors that grants the bonuses - the shareholders have nothing to do with it or it wouldnt happen. All of these CEOs sit on each others boards and this type of compensation is what you get. The greed has never been more in your face with such contempt for all the consumers. It has gotten way out of hand.

I am sure we could go on for a few more pages on this subject however, we do need to stop hijacking this thread as it really has nothing to do with the subject. Good argueing with you.
Old 12-09-2007, 12:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
BTW: although it takes a "barrel of oil" to make XXX gallons of gas, those barrels are used to make alot of other things too. Oil/gas prices are not fixed to mirror each other exactly.
Woulnt you like to know what that XXX really is?
Old 12-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Registered

$$$

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
SDFever

Last time I was quoted a price on a 35 was at miami boat show 2007 I was told around 320K w/ 496 HO's, at that price I am sure Fountain is making a nice profit, considering you can get other similar boats for 80K less with same options.

Will
A 35 w/496's for 320k??? They sell for 220k new; and that's too much! lol
A new 32 w/496's can be purchased for 160k...plus it's only 10" longer than my 28AT.
So actually, Fountain is still making the 29; they just call it a 32!HA

Quick Reply: Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.