Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29??? >

Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29???

Notices

Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29???

Old 12-06-2007, 03:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29???

These were great selling boats for them why stop??
Old 12-06-2007, 04:07 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
reggie dont care about the little man......who knows. The marketing execs probable decided it wasnt best to keep on competing with all the new small boat builders like baja, nordic, etc. I bet they sell many more 32+ beaks than 29 and 27's.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Based on the size pole done here amoungst Fountain owners, some 55% plus own 35' and up. And I've got to believe the larger boats are more profitable to build.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Registered

I was told that the profit margin on the 27 and 29 was too low. Significantly better on the (larger) twin engine boats.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Registered

Cuz they are really 23' and 25' boats and they belong with outboards just bustin chops guys !!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Registered

It is a big boat market right now. Sales of boats less than 30ft. have been slow in the past few years. Sales of boats more than 30ft. have been strong.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 19 Posts

I would think the single engine boats will become more popular with the price of gas getting out of control.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Revd Up
I would think the single engine boats will become more popular with the price of gas getting out of control.
Getting out of control? The price of the stuff got up and went as soon as they got there excuse to rob us - Katrina. Back in 2001 Bush and Chaney gave the oil executives the go ahead and we have been bent over since then. Remember the meeting Cheney had with the energy executives? The meeting where he refused to give up the minutes? Right then and there is where they destroyed the middle class. The price of everything is now stupid as a result of their greed. Bunch of filthy pigs. And I was dumb enough to vote for them twice.
Old 12-06-2007, 11:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
This is what i was told by a Fountain Dealer recently:

"All of the top performance builders have no entry level boats. Why should Fountain continue to offer a low margin model(s) when none of the other guys have had to do this?"

He also stated that the middle income would be hit harder than the guys buying the larger, more expensive models in the years to come and they did not have further interest in attracting buyers that could "barely" afford to get into the brand...

No comment from me on this one. It's only what i was told.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
Getting out of control? The price of the stuff got up and went as soon as they got there excuse to rob us - Katrina. Back in 2001 Bush and Chaney gave the oil executives the go ahead and we have been bent over since then. Remember the meeting Cheney had with the energy executives? The meeting where he refused to give up the minutes? Right then and there is where they destroyed the middle class. The price of everything is now stupid as a result of their greed. Bunch of filthy pigs. And I was dumb enough to vote for them twice.
glad to see someone is not afraid to say it

Quick Reply: Why did Fountain discontinue the 27 and 29???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.