Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will the record books???
Old 12-15-2007, 12:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Drag 'N' Ass
For years I was one of the Fountain BASHER'S. Then I bought one, 2005 42 X with 525's.
I was a Fountain owner. Owned a 35 executioner than test rode a 42 Lightning and wasn't impressed. Bought a 37 AT no comparision.

Originally Posted by fountain 47 sc
At least there are some interested participants in this thread. Call Fountain and try to get any interest and you might be in for a surprise. I have a Fountain which has been a phenomenal boat. It rides great, runs strong and smooth, isn't too bad on fuel, has great room and cabin amenities, and has had no major problems, but I have called Fountain several times about specific details and maintenance questions and have been very dissappointed. I don't want an Active Thunder, but maybe I should call them with the questions. I think I'd have better luck and interest from the sounds of it.
The owner of AT (Pat Haughey)regularly posts his cell no. on here and he answers it when you call.
Old 12-15-2007, 05:21 AM
Registered

No dealer in Southeast Michigan, or in Michigan at all. The issue that I had we're not one's that a dealer could take care of anyway's. I just thought that with Fountain it might be different but I was surprised. Still love my boat,but I think if REGGIE would look at his after sale support that would eliminate some of the bashing. ( I DON'T THINK SO )

Boat in Michigan, Member on board now own's my 32AT.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK
I was a Fountain owner. Owned a 35 executioner than test rode a 42 Lightning and wasn't impressed. Bought a 37 AT no comparision.

The owner of AT (Pat Haughey)regularly posts his cell no. on here and he answers it when you call.
pat rules. builds a fanatastic boat. like this one. and i ll be sure to rub rail yur ass with it next season. and then what, what will the violin be playing then.
but do yopu really think pat applauds yur feeble attempts?

also whats with the cult thing?

cults are usually for the weak minded.
Attached Thumbnails You have a question about a Fountain...-101_0075.jpg  
Old 12-15-2007, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by spilman
Guess I'll leave now, my work is done here.

I think you were done before you got started. A guy with a 28' boat with small blocks that runs maybe 65 - 70 mph trying to bash on guys with 35, 38, and 42 footers that run 90 - 100+ mph, and convince us that our choice in powerboats is totally ignorant. Give me a break. You've got a ways to go. And you should take note of the fact that we are not all over your case for the choice you made. If majority rule dictated what was available in powerboats you would all be in our brand, like it or not Fountain has for many years, and still does, produce more performance boats than any other manufacturer, some say as much as 50 - 60% of all built in a given year. While I am not positive on the numbers, I do know for a fact Fountain produces far more than AT. Just maybe we all know something you don't. You think???

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 12-15-2007 at 08:16 AM.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
I think you were done before you got started. A guy with a 28' boat with small blocks that runs maybe 65 - 70 mph trying to bash on guys with 35, 38, and 42 footers that run 90 - 100+ mph, and convince us that our choice in powerboats is totally ignorant. Give me a break. You've got a ways to go. And you should take note of the fact that we are not all over your case for the choice you made. If majority rule dictated what was available in powerboats you would all be in our brand, like it or not Fountain has for many years, and still does, produce more performance boats than any other manufacturer, some say as much as 50 - 60% of all built in a given year. While I am not positive on the numbers, I do know for a fact Fountain produces far more than AT. Just maybe we all know something you don't. You think???
ragged edge for president!! you got my vote.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:37 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by fountainemp
ragged edge for president!! you got my vote.

Thank you, I'll accept!!! Now just convince Reggie that "The President" needs a factory demo, a nice 42 with 1075's and #6's.

Oh, and that's "Mr. President" to you AT guys!!!
Old 12-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
NICE...most of what you said is unrelated to my posts. It is not possible to accurately "bash" Active Thunder boats; they are that good. I think I stated that I didn't buy my boat to go 100 in a straight line; but yes I will move up in the future. But it will most likely be another AT. I don't think I said that your choice was ignorant, although it sounds like it's on your mind!LOL
BTW, I built my first 80+ mph o/b boat almost 20 yrs ago & I've had a few boats since. But, I don't claim to be an expert; I just enjoy boating, poker runs & top quality vehicles.
My "slow little" 28 AT is a unique and well built machine that suits my taste for now.
I also enjoy hearing what the fountain guys are claiming...kinda like Reggies ads, good reads....
BTW, Pat builds em' hands on, w/attention to precision detail and extreme TLC...yeah fountain pumps out alot more boats, but what does that really mean??
Old 12-15-2007, 10:06 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Active thunder is a poor mans outerlimits! Lets not kid ourselves! Total knock off! Gimme a break with those things!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by fastoys
Active thunder is a poor mans outerlimits! Lets not kid ourselves! Total knock off! Gimme a break with those things!
Dont go that far comparing them with Outerlimits now guys!! Its a Sonic with an inverted center deck

Quick Reply: You have a question about a Fountain...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.