Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
29 Fountain vs. others of similar size? >

29 Fountain vs. others of similar size?

Notices

29 Fountain vs. others of similar size?

Old 02-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i missed the single part, my fault... i agree with everything above, and im certainly no fountain basher as i love mine and still own it, but i do get a little beat around in it no matter how i drive it (tabs, drive) compared to a 28 pantera........ and some of the finishes and craftsmenship on alot of the fountains i have been on has been great for a production boat, but not CIG or OL

for the money fountain is worth every penny
Old 02-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOX
Just wondering how the 29 Fountain (with single) handles the chop compared to other boats of similar size (28AT, 26 OL, 27ZR, Checkmates, pantera, Velocity...) I am not trying to start any problems I was just looking for information. I realize the best way to answer this is to take as many rides as I can but for now this will help get me started.

I did a search and nothing came up for me but if there is a thread already about this topic please post the link and I will poof this thread.

Thanks,

Rob
Rob,

Just out of curiosity, where will you be running the boat? Lake? Chesapeake Bay? I have an '01 29' Fever with a 500HP, it is a great boat, smooth, fast and can handle anything that the lake I run on can throw at it.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 02-01-2008, 01:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I don't know,,,

My 29 scarab I had ,,,ran the rough great,,, and me and my friends thought my boat handled the rough better than the fountain...we did ride in both before we made our comments,, just to keepfrom the BS,,,I will say, I agree the fountain with stock power out ran mine,,,it had a few problems out runnning mine in the real rough,,,but then again,,it may be back to the driver,.,,I had mine over 10 years compared to theirs for 2 or 3.

This just my humble opinion as always...
Old 02-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 296 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by 29scarab
I don't know,,,

My 29 scarab I had ,,,ran the rough great,,, and me and my friends thought my boat handled the rough better than the fountain...we did ride in both before we made our comments,, just to keepfrom the BS,,,I will say, I agree the fountain with stock power out ran mine,,,it had a few problems out runnning mine in the real rough,,,but then again,,it may be back to the driver,.,,I had mine over 10 years compared to theirs for 2 or 3.

This just my humble opinion as always...
The 29 scarab is a 24 degree v bottom and its narrower than the fountain. So that doesn't suprise me one bit
Old 02-02-2008, 12:17 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by MAI0076
Rob,

Just out of curiosity, where will you be running the boat? Lake? Chesapeake Bay? I have an '01 29' Fever with a 500HP, it is a great boat, smooth, fast and can handle anything that the lake I run on can throw at it.

Thanks,
Mike

Chesapeake Bay. I would also like to trailer down to Myrtle Beach once a year and play around down there on vacation. My Aunt has a condo right by Ocean Annies beach bar we visit anually.

I didn't start a thread in the GD because I can do without the "haters" out there. I simply wanted peoples educated opinions but I will certainly check out thread on other 28'ers.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Rob
Attached Thumbnails 29 Fountain vs. others of similar size?-myrtle-beach-vacation-7-07-053.jpg  
Old 02-02-2008, 02:09 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

one more question... With 496 mag HO what is the WOT and cruising speeds?

Thanks
Old 02-02-2008, 03:07 PM
Registered

If you want please call me (i have asked basically the same question in the 40 foot range )and have researched the above pretty well (732)977-7244Joe. PS I also ran a 31 Sutphen in the Atlantic Ocean for years.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:30 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

Originally Posted by SOX
one more question... With 496 mag HO what is the WOT and cruising speeds?

Thanks
wot....69 or 70? Cruise....how much gas you want to burn? How about 50 or 55.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:44 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Thanks for the info
Old 02-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Registered

I hate to this but I WILL. You can't put the A.t. OR Apache in that compareson they are totly different boats and way larger than the Fountian inevery way. Park one of them next to a 29 and you will see both my 28 A.T.s made 32 fountians look small and was very close to the 35 actully. And yes they are not as fast with the same power but there is good reason.

Quick Reply: 29 Fountain vs. others of similar size?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.