Carrie Covers issue >

Carrie Covers issue

Notices

Carrie Covers issue

Old 02-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrie Covers issue

About 18 months ago I ordered a full cover for my 38 Lightning. A few weeks later it arrived and it fit fairly well. In 90 days it was in shreds having disinigrated due to what carrie covers said was ultraviolet effects. OK- they said, they would send me a new one made of a better material and that the original material "they had problems with". Reasonable. The new one came and it was very nice-fit well and customized in red and white. No problem except after 90 days the red turned into a nauseating pink. OK-the cover was still in good shape and it worked so...even though they represented that in a year maybe I would see a 10% fade and never more than 25% over the life of the cover whatever that meant. Fast forward to last week or about 14 months from when I received the #2 cover and the thing shredded itself for whatever reason again. Mind you the cover is ONLY used at my dock, on my lift and never trailored. It has always been properly secured and never too tight nor loose. I called Carrie Covers last Thursday and left word. I called again on Friday and backed it up with a simple fax "what is your warranty?". That's it since it is not on their website. I called again Monday and emailed them with a simple explanation of what happened. On Tuesday I get an email simply stating " Unfortunately, as much as I would like to assist, I have a one year warranty on my covers. Mickey"

So I can tell you with my $1,640.00 experience with them in the past 18 months I went through 2 covers and both destroyed themselves and the above is their policy. Now everyone here should understand what they may be getting into with them. I also know the "new" price on my cover is at or near $2,000.
Mark
Old 02-21-2008, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 445 Likes on 217 Posts

boatcoversdirect.com. Save yourself some cash and go this route. $400 for my 35's cover. Fits like a custom cover for me. And you could buy a couple of spares for the $$ of a single Carrie cover.

BTW, I ordered a Carrie cover at first too. Returned it the next day. Nice cover, stand up company, but for the $$ I don't see the need.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by techman
boatcoversdirect.com. Save yourself some cash and go this route. $400 for my 35's cover. Fits like a custom cover for me.

Do they make covers for both the regular windshield and the lower one?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 445 Likes on 217 Posts

Yeah, should be an easy fit. They have templates for all the boats. If you don't like it you can return it for a full refund. They'll sell you the support poles, vents, and windshield reinforcement kits if needed.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:25 AM
Registered
VIP Member

I got one from iBoats and it has worked great for me. I didn't want or need the extra reinforcement or vents but it works great otherwise. I have had the cover since July with no problems at all. Mine is not in the sun being in either a covered slip or in a building on the trailer but I would be surprised about it having any problems.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

I am looking for a light weight cover, more to keep the boat clean and protected on the few times it sits outside. It's in a boathouse in season and stored inside out of season. Want something light and easy to handle, dosen't need to be trailerable. Suggestions?
Old 02-22-2008, 01:01 PM
Registered

iboats.com...semi custom...around 450.

Mine weighs 26lbs and has worked great for 3 yrs.
Attached Thumbnails Carrie Covers issue-dt-cover.jpg  
Old 02-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
I am looking for a light weight cover, more to keep the boat clean and protected on the few times it sits outside. It's in a boathouse in season and stored inside out of season. Want something light and easy to handle, dosen't need to be trailerable. Suggestions?
Yea...Buy the damn cover EVERYONE has already told you about at iBoats!! This is not rocket science!! I don't think you have to research a cover that much!!

Come on Pete....Do It. Trust these guys...Do it, Do it, Do it....

Dave
Old 02-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by axapowell
This is not rocket science!! I don't think you have to research a cover that much!!
you're kiddin' me right?
Old 02-23-2008, 06:46 AM
JB Marshall
Gold Member

I am not promoting Carrie Cover but I did purchase a cover from them 2 yrs ago and it has held up well. It is used on a daily basis and sits in direct sun for most of the day so it has faded about 25%.

It was very expensive compared to what I have heard every one else has paid, so I would probably not purchase another one from them due to the price and the fact that it is no more a custom cover than any of the other covers I have seen from other cover company's.

my $02

Quick Reply: Carrie Covers issue

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.