Fountain 38 Lightning >

Fountain 38 Lightning

Notices

Fountain 38 Lightning

Old 03-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 89scarabIII
Pj I am interested in that boat also, if you could get more info.
Treads will have first dibs on it. I looked at the sc at Boat boys in Ohio not bad but when I looked at it in the beginning of winter they where asking $89k not worth it trailer rusty. It is a repo and they would not entertain offers less. There getting closer, Shogrens just sold a real nice one for $49k.
The one at Boat Boys is down much lower now, I think $69K if I'm not mistaken (maybe still not worth it?)

Anyway, I talked to the dudes wife last Friday, she mentioned something about selling it under market value. That may not mean much though, considering what their perspective of the market it.

I should have drove my stupid azz out to Chicago to buy the one Shogrens had, they made a REALLY fair deal on that boat. If I didn't have one to sell, it would have been as good as sold. I spoke with Scott about it, sounded like a solid boat with a decent, documented history.

I'll get back to you guys on the 95 SC. I should be seeing him in the next few days.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Registered

I am getting a bid board with my 06 35L. Same old haul ass ,great handling, good looks and reliabilty. In other words I love the boat but she is truly one dementional. Regarding the 38EC, In 2006 they removed the wall seperating the v-birth from the cabin and it greatly increased the room/space. The
later model 38EC perfroms better than their older siblings. Myself, as stated love my 35L but I am tired of sunstroke in July - Sept down here in Tejas. would like a little more comfort but still want some performance. The 496s in my opinion are a beter combo than the 525. Not to metnion less costly to insure. about 2500 a year agreed upon value at 250K including windstrom. I am looking at a new 08 but I will proably wait and see how the economy shakes out, not to mention the price of motion lotion, in the hopes of striking a better deal. However, if you speak with the boat sales folks they closing more deals than they can handle>> yea right.

Fountain pilot forever

Last edited by GCAT911; 03-06-2008 at 06:38 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GCAT911
However, if you speak with the boat sales folks they closing more deals than they can handle>> yea right.
Realtors and Lenders here are still talking the same game. It's like some kind of lame positive reenforcement or something. They must be living in a fantasy world.

Can't fool me, things STINK.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 89scarabIII
I looked at the sc at Boat boys in Ohio not bad but when I looked at it in the beginning of winter they where asking $89k not worth it trailer rusty. It is a repo and they would not entertain offers less. There getting closer, Shogrens just sold a real nice one for $49k.
I spoke with the guy at Boatboys about that repo. How did the boat look overall? Putting the trailer aside, because I wouldn't need it except to get the boat to my marina, how was the boat overall. The guy told me the bank was holding a note at $103k, had turned down offers previously at $65k. Give it another month or two, and I bet it'll go for lower $60's.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Registered

From what I remember the boat wasn't bad, needed a good detailing. upholstery was good, cabin good, hull had a few dings.
Old 03-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Registered

Boat boys web page shows the 38 as sale pending.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:35 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PJDiesel
Realtors and Lenders here are still talking the same game. It's like some kind of lame positive reenforcement or something. They must be living in a fantasy world.

Can't fool me, things STINK.
It's like they believe there own bull$hit. Like they havent been to the gas pump for the last 7 years.
Old 03-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
It's like they believe there own bull$hit. Like they havent been to the gas pump for the last 7 years.
Or bought groceries. How can anyone in the real estate mbusiness think its not in the tank. HELLOOOO.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Registered

Get this - I just went to Home Depot and bought 1 bag of fertilizer - You know, the Scotts stuff to keep the crab grass from comming up. I paid $46.04 for the stuff - what the F _ _ _ !!! But hey - there really not sure about weather or not this is a recession. Neither of the 3 idiots running for office is talking about the $105 a barrel oil prices - they are all brain dead. And hilary and Obama want to raise my taxes to pay for someone elses health care!!! Again - What the F _ _ _ !!!
Old 03-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 35 fountain
Get this - I just went to Home Depot and bought 1 bag of fertilizer - You know, the Scotts stuff to keep the crab grass from comming up. I paid $46.04 for the stuff - what the F _ _ _ !!! But hey - there really not sure about weather or not this is a recession. Neither of the 3 idiots running for office is talking about the $105 a barrel oil prices - they are all brain dead. And hilary and Obama want to raise my taxes to pay for someone elses health care!!! Again - What the F _ _ _ !!!
Yeah, "Halts". I used to buy enough to do most of the yard we kept cut (like, 3 acres). That was back when it was a bargain @ $34.00 per bag They've gone off the deep end at this point.

I'll be getting the Bayer branded stuff this year.

Quick Reply: Fountain 38 Lightning

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.