uh oh 32 fever hatch >

uh oh 32 fever hatch

Notices

uh oh 32 fever hatch

Old 03-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default uh oh 32 fever hatch

my hatch wont open, i opened the hatch before it went to storage and un hooked one battery so that it would not die and left the other one plugged in so i could close it. now the battery is dead and it wont open i have tried using the jumper cables that come with the boat to charge the battery, but no luck. i tried applying 12 volts to the switch no luck, and the wiring diagrams that i got are for an executioner sure the wiring might be the same but it is the worst wiring diagam i have ever seen and i do this sort of thing alot. i also tries taking out the pins in the back of the hatch and lifting manually, but the way the angle of the actuator sits it wont let it lift. i wuld bet if i could read wiring diag. right i could apply 12v but just dont know how.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

you could try removing one of the engine air inlet vents and getting some jumpers on the battery.......I had to do that once......since then I pull the top bolt out of the actuator and let the sunpad sit closed under its own wieght for the winter......good luck
Old 03-14-2008, 06:44 PM
SeaRay Sundancer
Gold Member

You might be able to gently lift the hatch by hand and the actuator will turn w/o breaking the motor. Do it slowly if you cannot get the power to work. Last resort.....ive never done this.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered

um yeaa those actuators are very strong it will not budge.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:29 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It should open when applying power to the jumper leads under the seat, my batteries have died several times in my 27 over the years and thats all it took to raise my hatch.
Old 03-14-2008, 11:00 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by INDY27
It should open when applying power to the jumper leads under the seat, my batteries have died several times in my 27 over the years and thats all it took to raise my hatch.

Unless the battery that was disconnect was the one that had the jumpers going to it.

Power to the switch should work though.
Old 03-15-2008, 07:38 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Have you tried using the jumper cables and changing the position of the battery switch? Might work. Something else to try would be a jumper pack plugged into the 12V outlet on the dash, try this with the battery switch on "both" first then change if it dosen't work. If you powered the hatch down it has to come back up, just need to get the power to the right source.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:54 AM
Registered

surley i am not the only one who has has this problem. no one else can chime in?
Old 03-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 266ltd
surley i am not the only one who has has this problem. no one else can chime in?
Just for elimination, make sure that both contacts are touching both cables within your Fountain plug. I noticed on mine that the positive lead sometimes does not touch even when fully plugged in. It has a tendency to "slide" backwards out of the plastic housing. When I push on wire, it works.

Try just using two smaller jumper lead wires that are hooked up to a battery jumper box or just another battery lying in the floor and put the alligator clips on the plug under seat.

Of course the best way to deal with this is to simply leave a small tender on it all year and keep using the same batteries (if you have that option).
Old 03-16-2008, 03:20 PM
Registered

You need to make sure the grounding leads are touching on the port side. I put a bolt through mine after disconnecting them from the battery. Turn on the battery switches. I then take a 12 volt jump box plugged into the 12 volt power supply on the dash and hit the switches. That should work.

Quick Reply: uh oh 32 fever hatch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.