Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08 >

Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08

Notices

Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08

Old 03-27-2008, 01:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey- I have no problem dumping my Fountain for the Split Decision 40 Outlaw. That thing is sick! Everyone quit arguing. How much is a 40 Outlaw with a pair of 700s and NXTs? close to 400k? Some entry level product huh. Every one needs to quit being retards and if Fastoys even chimes in here on that one I'm going to ***** slap him all the way over to the Ciggy forum.

RAF
Old 03-27-2008, 03:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 17 Posts

To start with I've always been impressed with Fountain which after 25 years of boating I was able to afford my first one a beautiful 29' back in 01'.

I have many more friends who own Baja's and as with Cars or Trucks it's "to each his own" which basically means ones personal preference and what they like the best.

Both are good boats and I can only speak from my experience with a Fountain, it has been an extremely well built and I have not experienced any problems with mine.

Rather than everyone asking why did Reggie and Fountain buy Baja, what was the motivation behind Brunswick for putting them on the block?

I can see Reggie's point of view, he's looking to not only increase Fountains market share by adding a bunch of new distributors but also to have something that appeals to new boaters starting out.

I know it's hard to believe but not everyone who buys a boat is looking to have the biggest or fastest boat on the planet...

I would suspect some of the same issues were why Brunswick decided to sell. Having too many of the boats fighting for the same customers in the same price and size range.

I do feel sorry for the people at the Baja facility but as Reggie mentioned nothing is set in stone yet.

He's doing the same thing every other manufacture does when they come to an area or buy something is get the best deal for themselves. Hopefully the local and state elected officials can provide a package that keeps them right where there at.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain4play
To start with I've always been impressed with Fountain which after 25 years of boating I was able to afford my first one a beautiful 29' back in 01'.

I have many more friends who own Baja's and as with Cars or Trucks it's "to each his own" which basically means ones personal preference and what they like the best.

Both are good boats and I can only speak from my experience with a Fountain, it has been an extremely well built and I have not experienced any problems with mine.

Rather than everyone asking why did Reggie and Fountain buy Baja, what was the motivation behind Brunswick for putting them on the block?

I can see Reggie's point of view, he's looking to not only increase Fountains market share by adding a bunch of new distributors but also to have something that appeals to new boaters starting out.

I know it's hard to believe but not everyone who buys a boat is looking to have the biggest or fastest boat on the planet...

I would suspect some of the same issues were why Brunswick decided to sell. Having too many of the boats fighting for the same customers in the same price and size range.

I do feel sorry for the people at the Baja facility but as Reggie mentioned nothing is set in stone yet.

He's doing the same thing every other manufacture does when they come to an area or buy something is get the best deal for themselves. Hopefully the local and state elected officials can provide a package that keeps them right where there at.

Extremely well put!!!

The decision here was not any of ours to make, it was between Brunswick, Fountain Powerboats, and Regggie. It's a done deal guys, all the chit talk isn't going to change a thing. It is likely good for this industry overall, Fountain has been a major innovator in this industry and it would appear he does not plan to stop anytime soon. The stronger the players and the industry become, the more we will all benefit in the end. No matter what your brand preference might be.

So let's just sit back and watch this unfold, I'm sure it will be interesting.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-27-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 267 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Extremely well put!!!

The decision here was not any of ours to make, it was between Brunswick, Fountain Powerboats, and Regggie. It's a done deal guys, all the chit talk isn't going to change a thing. It is likely good for this industry overall, Fountain has been a major innovator in this industry and it would appear he does not plan to stop anytime soon. The stronger the players and the industry become, the more we will all benefit in the end. No matter what your brand preference might be.

So let's just sit back and watch this unfold, I'm sure it will be interesting.

Well said.

What are any of us going to do about it ?

After some of the dust has settled I've come to a
different conclusion.

Reggie saw an opportuinty to broaden his market
with a product that appeals to alot of people, and went for it.

He certainly didn't buy it to weaken, or cheapen
either.

I'll still admit, some of the self promotion and the antics
are a turnoff, but I can't think of a better guy to run it,
the guy has a passion for the industry, and strives
for excellence.

I'm looking forward to see what he does with it
Old 03-28-2008, 06:12 PM
Registered
Gold Member

Baja by fountain? Even sounds like your being laughed at! I owned a fountain that i bought brand new. I know the deal with all the issues! Ive been there myself! Call it what you like. BAJAJAJAJAJA..... by fountain!!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 09:47 PM
Registered

If you want to evaluate name recognition and notoriety, "Cigarette" is about as ominous as possible. It's like driving a car called a "Hitler".
Old 03-28-2008, 10:34 PM
Registered

FASTOYS Im sorry you had a bad Fountain experience and you did the best thing you could and that was get a different boat you really dont have to come here HATEIN like you do!!! Im sure cigs are not perfect!!!
Old 03-29-2008, 05:43 AM
Registered

[/QUOTE] Originally Posted by RaggedEdge View Post
Extremely well put!!!

So let's just sit back and watch this unfold, I'm sure it will be interesting. [/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by JaayTeee
Well said.

What are any of us going to do about it ?

After some of the dust has settled I've come to a
different conclusion.

Reggie saw an opportuinty to broaden his market
with a product that appeals to alot of people, and went for it.

He certainly didn't buy it to weaken, or cheapen
either.

I'll still admit, some of the self promotion and the antics
are a turnoff, but I can't think of a better guy to run it,
the guy has a passion for the industry, and strives
for excellence.

I'm looking forward to see what he does with it
well put by both of you
Old 03-29-2008, 07:13 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by pookie
If you want to evaluate name recognition and notoriety,

More like FOUNTAIN, the BOAT, and the MAN, they all know and love to hate. Ever wonder why?

Just love it when they talk chit about these boats and all the "issues" but never seem to remember specifics of what they were.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 03-29-2008 at 07:16 AM.
Old 03-30-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered

well looks like we are going to have bajas with lightning bolts on them now

Quick Reply: Fountain Buys Baja Today 3/20/08

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.