Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
a way to ship a new windsheild ?? >

a way to ship a new windsheild ??

Notices

a way to ship a new windsheild ??

Old 04-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default a way to ship a new windsheild ??

I won a new windshield on ebay for 162.00 Now I need to find a way to ship it.

anyone have any ideas..I listed it on uship.. it needs to go from New Jersey to San Diego.

It is the long center piece for boats prior to 05

http://www.uship.com/shipment/Flat-P...eld/116741316/
Old 04-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
I won a new windshield on ebay for 162.00 Now I need to find a way to ship it.

anyone have any ideas..I listed it on uship.. it needs to go from New Jersey to San Diego.

It is the long center piece for boats prior to 05

http://www.uship.com/shipment/Flat-P...eld/116741316/
I bought a complete windshield from OSO member, EPeek, and he took it to a UPS store and they boxed it and shipped it by UPS ground frieght, cost of packaging and shipping from NY to Los Angeles was about $200. I was thrilled, it came through in perfect condition.
Dave Kahn
Old 04-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dkahnjob
I bought a complete windshield from OSO member, EPeek, and he took it to a UPS store and they boxed it and shipped it by UPS ground frieght, cost of packaging and shipping from NY to Los Angeles was about $200. I was thrilled, it came through in perfect condition.
Dave Kahn
Thanks for the reply Dkahnjob .I need picks of that Baron Sprint..Have not seen one of those in years..Since My dad was a USA1 in 1981
Old 04-02-2008, 12:51 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
Thanks for the reply Dkahnjob .I need picks of that Baron Sprint..Have not seen one of those in years..Since My dad was a USA1 in 1981
Here are a couple of pictures of the Barron Sprint at Irvine Lake last year. It has an Injected Chevy.

Last edited by Dkahnjob; 04-02-2008 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 PM
Platinum Member

Old 04-02-2008, 01:50 PM
Registered

WOOOOOAAH

Those look like the old Crowers.Sweet ride! I'm diggin' the seat covers too..

The Dark Purple boat was a Beismeyer.496 we made 30 years before chevy made one..(1969 427 Truck Block 454 crank,had to clearence passages for rods..and 69 Vette Aluminum heads.).Hillborn fuel injection..29% gears 7600.00 RPM..USA 1 IN Pro Comp 1981 nat champ .That year we also took 2nd in the K boat at the nationals in portland.(Thats me and my Dad in the Sundancer t shirt about 30 years ago)The yellow boat is Marie and I and it's revenge (as was the K boat.).It had crowers like yours..Now it is our lake boat..Just 2 4's and a tunnel ram..Good Stuuf!..
Chad

Last edited by mcprodesign; 10-10-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member

Hi Chad,
Nice looking boats. Flats are a lot of fun. My injection is actually a Kinsler set up, but looks like a Crower. I am running a 460 Chevy, 37% gears and an 11 1/2 x 15" Stellings 2 blade prop, it will hit the rev limiter at 6,000 rpm on a good day.

There is going to be a big flat bottom event on the Fathers Day weekend (I will be there on Saturday June 14th). Irvine Lake, CA. Not sure if you are from around Southern CA or not, but if you can get there it will be fun. There is a guy coming who has a Helicopter turbine in a Barron Sprint also. If you can come, pre registration is required if you want to run your boat.
Take care,
David

Last edited by Dkahnjob; 04-02-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 05:55 PM
Registered

I talked to my Dad.I looks like I may be aQuiring the Flatbottom from him sooner than I think.( the yellow one).Maybe he and I could do fathers day ..We will check the schedule ..Thanks for the heads up..

Awefully noice pics you put up..

I remmeber back in like 1979 ..A guy by the nam of Tommy Barron (..2 rs) Was running against us in the eastern divisionals in Decatur ..He was like "hey look I make my own boats"...

The Barron Sprint..

My dad used to ruan agains all of em ..Julian Petengil Richard and Bob Geotle.Jammie Jamison.John Mcartle.He knew all the guys like Ray Brown ,Rusty Beismeyer..

What great memories..

Nice Post!

P.S. Do you ever reach over and push on the up pedal????
Old 04-02-2008, 06:29 PM
Platinum Member

P.S. Do you ever reach over and push on the up pedal????

Only if the water is pure glass, otherwise I have my foot ready on the down pedal, just in case!!

If you want to attend the flatbottom event call up Irvine lake and register, it is limited to 100 boats, cost is $100 for the week end. No speed limit, no noise limit. Lots of fun. One or two of the Allison powered boats are usually there too.

Irvine Lake Tele # is 714-649-9111 ext. 6 talk to Carie
Old 04-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Registered

nice boobs

NICE boat and pics

great convo,

thanxs and waaazzzzzuuuuuppppp

Quick Reply: a way to ship a new windsheild ??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.