Notices

fountain 40 for sale

Old 04-27-2008, 08:10 AM
10x
10x
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jryan26
Here is another one that could be a good deal if you have some engines sitting around!

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...oat_id=1870154
Would'nt be a bad deal if it only needed engines, BUT, I'm sure there are no headers, trannys, bellhousings, coolers, all the pumps, brackets, and lines. Then, I doubt there are any drives on the back, if there were, they'd post a pic of the transom. So, now you'd need Speedys, transom plates and gimbles, trim cylinders, tie bars, props, etc, etc, etc, and the list will grow. Is there any steering on the back?? I doubt it. If ALL it needed was "engines", then it'd be a decent. The way it is, it needs complete rigging, then when you're all done, what's it really worth compared to what you've invested into it???
Other than that, it's a sharp looking hull, I really like the graphics.

Powerstroke........ I hear ya, and I could'nt agree with ya more. All those little things that you mentioned are the little things that don't show up in any pics. You're right, there's no reason that anyone should let all that cleaning maintenance get that bad, does'nt matter how old the boat is, it's not that hard to keep what ya got clean. If people are too lazy to clean their boat, it makes me wonder how much other maintenance was left alone too.
Thanks for the update.
www.chicagopowerboat.com

Last edited by 10x; 04-27-2008 at 08:17 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

10x
True about all of the missing parts. Where have I seen that boat before?
Old 04-27-2008, 08:52 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, it sucks to see that boat like that. Just a few tidbits. It is set up for BIG power and #5 drives on boxes. It has had every single piece in the hull replaced in the 03 and 04. And all the work was done by Art Lilly at his shop. This was his best customer. With 750 blower motors and the 5s it would do 90-92. When I last saw it the paint and interior were flawless and those graphics are all vinyl. If you bought it the way it is, it would require a lot of rigging stuff, but it is still a 4 year old boat in some ways. But it is still a big heavy boat and takes big power to make it go. Oh well, last time I was on it was for Miami to Key West with FPC, see ya Wired...

Originally Posted by 10x
Would'nt be a bad deal if it only needed engines, BUT, I'm sure there are no headers, trannys, bellhousings, coolers, all the pumps, brackets, and lines. Then, I doubt there are any drives on the back, if there were, they'd post a pic of the transom. So, now you'd need Speedys, transom plates and gimbles, trim cylinders, tie bars, props, etc, etc, etc, and the list will grow. Is there any steering on the back?? I doubt it. If ALL it needed was "engines", then it'd be a decent. The way it is, it needs complete rigging, then when you're all done, what's it really worth compared to what you've invested into it???
Other than that, it's a sharp looking hull, I really like the graphics.

Powerstroke........ I hear ya, and I could'nt agree with ya more. All those little things that you mentioned are the little things that don't show up in any pics. You're right, there's no reason that anyone should let all that cleaning maintenance get that bad, does'nt matter how old the boat is, it's not that hard to keep what ya got clean. If people are too lazy to clean their boat, it makes me wonder how much other maintenance was left alone too.
Thanks for the update.