32 fever lansing mi >

32 fever lansing mi

Notices

32 fever lansing mi

Old 04-25-2008, 06:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 32 fever lansing mi

last year i bought the 2000 32 fever that was for sale in lansing. the graphics are navy and gold, does anyone know much about it? boat runs and looks great i have never had a single issue untill now. i was detailing it for the summer and noticed a slight color change in the glass/paint, never notices before and u cant see it in direct light, it has to be cloudy but bright out to notice, there are also a few spider cracks in the same area, it is right around the vent an the back and it is on both sides just wondering if any one new what happened, and whoever fixed it did a great job, i went a whole year and never noticed, also have detailed it several times and never noticed.

Last edited by 266ltd; 04-25-2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:18 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I assume you are talking on the side vents that it appears that the vents look like they were added in later and then painted?? Same as with the rear vents.
Mine is the same way. I was told it is because that is basically the way they are installed from Fountain, cut and added in after the deck is molded. Those 2 areas can't be done in the deck molding stage because that would require them to have sliding cavities to pull back before the hull could be popped from the mold. Otherwise the deck will hang up on those areas. Hard to explain unless you are familair with molds of any type. But damn if I can see any signs of glass work done after the fact from the inside.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:29 AM
Registered

i havent looked inside yet to see i there was any work done but was just so shocked when i noticed that the vents looked worked over will have to go and look inside. the vents i am talking about are the side at the back that flow air into the engine compartment. us1 does yours have a slight color change and i mean slight, from what was sprayed in the mold and what was done after?I think that might be what i am seeing.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:40 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes. There is a diiference in color, kind of a more whiteish tint, approx a couple inches around the perimeter of the vents. Gotta look for it though. But now that I know it's there, I see it. I can see a slight surface shadow at that line when sighting down the side. From the inside, I see no signs of them being installed afterwards. Mainly noticeable to the rear of the side vents. I had the rear bilge blower vents resprayed a couple yrs ago. Those were really obvious, not now though.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Registered

thanks man you made me feel a whole lot better, that is what mine looks like. I swear us1 you have helped me more than anyone ever has and i thank you tons!
Old 04-26-2008, 09:09 PM
Registered

I have a 47 Fountain that had spider cracks in front of the vents and had the fiberglass guy that does all the glass work at Shogren redo the gel. It has stayed perfect. He told me that all Fountains (and most other boats) will eventually do this and it isn't a structural problem at all. It was really inexpensive to have fixed.