Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Anyone know or seen this 2000 38' at legend marine? >

Anyone know or seen this 2000 38' at legend marine?

Notices

Anyone know or seen this 2000 38' at legend marine?

Old 05-01-2008, 04:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know or seen this 2000 38' at legend marine?

http://www.legendmarinegroup.com/mor...endmarinegroup

I had been looking for a 35 but this seems pretty 'cheap'. Appreciate on 500's it wont be the fastest boat in the world but plenty quick enough i imagine for my first boat and big enough for the Miami to San Juan trip. Any opinions on it?

thx

francis
Old 05-01-2008, 06:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks nice. I wonder why it has gil manifolds instead of headers?
Old 05-01-2008, 08:03 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Looks good if these are recent pictures, I would be leary about the exhaust change too. 50 hrs??? Seems pretty low. Could of sat in salt water, parts of the engines show some rust. Also the stock sewater pumps have been changed to crank mounted ones.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:14 AM
Registered

i dont mind about a few cosmetic issues if its sat in salt. its going to go frazzle in salt water and the carribean sun year round, so i have no illusions about being able to keep it looking half as good as all your beautiful boats. indeed it would probably be dumb of me to pay up for a pristine freshwater boat, as nice as it would be.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had good a good experience w Legend Marine. Call Service and get the low down on the boat. He was honset with me anyway. Hope this helps. Chad
Old 05-01-2008, 09:59 AM
Registered

Look at the pictures closely. It looks a little rough around the edges. CMIs are not there as well. Why? Motors are probably a little tired and there is no paint on the boat. I think it is priced accordingly though. Get a survey.

RAF
Old 05-01-2008, 12:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by runafever
CMIs are not there as well.
Originally Posted by jryan26
Looks nice. I wonder why it has gil manifolds instead of headers?
many thanks for your observations guys but at risk of looking like a complete twonk can someone please tell me what CMI's and gil manifolds are? i know what headers are. thanks

is the salt water pump on the crank an issue? i'd have thought the crank is a pretty reliable way of spinning the pump when its needed!
Old 05-01-2008, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen it in person and its a nice boat. Everything they deal in is nice and they're great to work with. Call Casey at 817-832-8526 he's the man to talk to about it.

Colin
Old 05-01-2008, 04:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fbrs
many thanks for your observations guys but at risk of looking like a complete twonk can someone please tell me what CMI's and gil manifolds are? i know what headers are. thanks

is the salt water pump on the crank an issue? i'd have thought the crank is a pretty reliable way of spinning the pump when its needed!

500 EFIs came standard with CMI E-top headers. Gill manifolds were standard on the older version 500HPs by Merc. Racing. Just curious as to where they are and why they are not on the motors. The boat seems priced right though even if it does need a little reconditioning.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

should look like this
Attached Thumbnails Anyone know or seen this 2000 38' at legend marine?-engines.jpg  

Quick Reply: Anyone know or seen this 2000 38' at legend marine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.