Fever Race Fairing >

Fever Race Fairing

Notices

Fever Race Fairing

Old 06-11-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fever Race Fairing

I am a new to me 38 Fever owner. Boat has the race fairing- black on the outside, white on the inside. Appears to be a plastic skin- so, I am assuming it is comprised of an outer and an inner assembly. Anyone replaced one? I want to go with white- and I understand I can get it from Reggie. I am also interested in adding the venturi- is this a drill and play deal or does the outer part of the fairing have to come off (i.e., is it thru bolted as an example). Any info appreciated.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:53 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My factory fairing was aluminum for the outer skin. The inner is a vinyl covering, and the top edges are capped with accent vinly.

"black on the outside, white on the inside" Was this a regular plexy windshield that the previous owner just stuck white vinyl to the backside?

As far adding a venturi, if you remove the top cap and pull the backside vinyl liner down, should be able thrubolt/mount the venturi to the outer skin.

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 12-02-2011 at 11:12 AM.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:30 AM
Registered

US1- this is a factory race fairing- the outer "skin" was special ordered in black as opposed to white. It looks like the plexi windshield from a distance (which may have been the idea- the boat is 1 of 3 built by the same customer, a 35, this boat and a 42) How does the liner attach to the inside of the fairing? Does the top cap simply hold it in place? I have talked to fountain about replacing both the outer piece, the top cap and adding the venturi- this is probably the way to go.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

Here is what it looks like now
Attached Thumbnails Fever Race Fairing-img_0998.jpg  
Old 06-12-2008, 09:46 AM
BZ
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I love Bergers, best ramp on the lake........
Old 06-12-2008, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mine is aluminum and painted white, The vinyl is simply glued to the inside of the faring from what I can tell. The cap is just on to hide the edges of the Vinyl and protect your arms.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:43 AM
Registered

Well, if it be glued to the aluminum, then we have a little layer of complication beyond just replacing the "skin" I am thinking . ..
Old 06-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No, it's not glued to the backside of the outerskin. The vinyl is glued at the bottom, then pulled tight up to the top edge and folded over and glued to the bend on the top of the outerskin. Then the vinyl covered wood frame cap is screwed on top to cover the edges and hold the vinyl in location. You should be able to push on the vinyl and feel the hollowness. Just unscrew and remove the top cap, then peel the covering down.

BTW. Mine was also just painted white. Yours is probably just painted black. I sure wouldn't go to the expense of replacing it when you can just have it repainted.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:54 PM
Registered

Actually, the cost of replacing it may be less than the cost of painting it- I was shocked at the price- under $400 for the "skin". This assumes I am on the right page with the parts people at Raymonds, but I have gone to great lengths to describe what I am after. The top cap is right under $400, and the venturi is under $300 (then, of course, I will have to have both covers altered to fit . . . I suppose . . . I should . . . have . . . bought a boat with all this on it already . . . but, what fun would that be?)
Old 06-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 348 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by SeaWeasel
Here is what it looks like now
Nice looking boat.

Quick Reply: Fever Race Fairing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.