2003 Gaffrig GPS Speedo w Antena Mounted On Deck >

2003 Gaffrig GPS Speedo w Antena Mounted On Deck

Notices

2003 Gaffrig GPS Speedo w Antena Mounted On Deck

Old 06-27-2008, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Gaffrig GPS Speedo w Antena Mounted On Deck

got a 2003 27' fever with the antena part of my speedo out on the deck in front of the windows... Livorsi says 5-6 years on the battery that is supposed to be "inside" the puck like antena... Question is -

How the heck to you get to the bottom "ceiling area" to remove the puck with wire without destroying the head liner in cabin??

Can't believe I have not seen any other posts on here so far regarding this antena battery going bad. The speedo now locks on at about 30mph or 9'0' clock as the Livorsi tech put it.

Worse, Livorsi tech said the antena with wire costs $300 if you accidentally pull the wire out of the puck!!! Is it only me that thinks this was a bad idea? Especially when we're talking about the one that is on deck instead of on the dash top?? Dreading it. Futher, he claims that the battery itself can NOT be bought anywhere else. Please respond if you've delt with this. Thanks.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:46 AM
Registered

The only antenna for your speedo is on top of your dash. I've never heard about a battery inside it???

Who did you talk to?? Ask for Todd and see what he says
Old 06-28-2008, 08:41 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by flying J
The only antenna for your speedo is on top of your dash. I've never heard about a battery inside it???

Who did you talk to?? Ask for Todd and see what he says
Todd was the person I spoke with. Some of the older Fountains put the puck on the deck instead of the dash.. Makes for a seemingly nightmare to fix it.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:18 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

The antenna is just glued or stuck on with adhesive. Trim it off with piano wire or pry it up off carefully. Tie a wire on the speedo end and pull the cable out through so you can connect new cable and pull back through to replace.
Just did this on my 03 35.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kelly O
The antenna is just glued or stuck on with adhesive. Trim it off with piano wire or pry it up off carefully. Tie a wire on the speedo end and pull the cable out through so you can connect new cable and pull back through to replace.
Just did this on my 03 35.
did you buy a new one or just replace battery and pull back through??

can the batter be bought anywhere??
Old 06-28-2008, 11:42 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

tinkin' out the 4th o f july on the bay..???Are you up on it???

-chad
Old 06-30-2008, 07:17 AM
Registered

Angry antenna

ok I had the same problem gps didn't work checked out some threads here and yes all gps hockey pucks have a battery.The question is can we change the battery Yes if you are a solder guru otherwise send it back I destroyed mine trying to take the battery out.The antenna is either siliconed or double side tape no screws.Unscrew the cover and you will see the hearing aid type battery soldered to two tabs not easy.Make a long story short i screwed up bad and purchase a new one 300.00
Old 06-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by sonic28
ok I had the same problem gps didn't work checked out some threads here and yes all gps hockey pucks have a battery.The question is can we change the battery Yes if you are a solder guru otherwise send it back I destroyed mine trying to take the battery out.The antenna is either siliconed or double side tape no screws.Unscrew the cover and you will see the hearing aid type battery soldered to two tabs not easy.Make a long story short i screwed up bad and purchase a new one 300.00

sorry to hear. sucks. so was there enough wire to give the ability to carefully pull out or does it basically come apart and tear the wire out as you're freeing the puck?
Old 06-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SDFever
sorry to hear. sucks. so was there enough wire to give the ability to carefully pull out or does it basically come apart and tear the wire out as you're freeing the puck?
Typically there is nothing restricting the movement of the wire. The hole in the deck is big enough to pull the plug on the speedo end through it.
Mine was easy to pull out without any issue catching on headliner, just hook a 'fish-line' to it before pulling so you can pull the new cable back through.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Typically there is nothing restricting the movement of the wire. The hole in the deck is big enough to pull the plug on the speedo end through it.
Mine was easy to pull out without any issue catching on headliner, just hook a 'fish-line' to it before pulling so you can pull the new cable back through.
thanks a ton!!

Quick Reply: 2003 Gaffrig GPS Speedo w Antena Mounted On Deck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.