Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Comments about Fountain Power boats >

Comments about Fountain Power boats

Notices

Comments about Fountain Power boats

Old 08-22-2008, 03:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Von, lots of hating,

As for PR a race, Humm well that has been discussed many times. Their were 5 other boats gunning for us, we just left them in the dust. If you have ever been to VA beach the Rudee run is the run to make because it runs very rough and seperates the BS from the real deal. Would love to see someone run 200+ in that water!!!!

As for bringing a boat to LOTO, well, same can be said why don't YOU bring a Mystic to NC?? Just so were clear talk is cheap, the real # to beat is 317.6 MPH break that record and your a GOD. If not talk is very cheap!

WILL
Old 08-22-2008, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Nope it was the Hampton roads Rendevouz, notice in second pic Rudee stop, the real run, you can barely see the next boat, note we had been ideling through the inlet before they even got there behind us
Looks like a Cigarette Top Gun ???
Old 08-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Von Bongo
That's nice but poker runs are not races, although Fountain factory seems to think so for PR purposes lately. There is a race this Saturday & Sunday at LOTO. Known fact that Mr. Fountain has been at the local Fountan dealer for years during this weekend to sign autographs and talk about the fastest safest boats on the water, but never brings a boat to run in the race and compete for top gun...wonder why that is? Oh yea, he's full of BS.
Really? I think Fountains race record speaks for itself. Last time I checked he pretty much wipes the floor with every other boat maker when it comes to racing.

Talks cheap, back it up , 209 is the number to beat, and that was FYI a cat.
He backs up his talk, nothing cheap about it.

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/fo...mph/1913007884

Fastest safest best handling boat on the water? That looks to be a 50 Mystic to me 2 years in a row. And to call my shot now, a 50 mystic will be again this year.
Mystic's can out handle and are faster than Fountains?
Old 08-22-2008, 09:33 PM
Registered

no hating, just tired of reggie, but its ok, and as for the 317 at least warby has come and competed, I don't remember him doing a lot of bragging either when he was here. lots of class & humor.

I put reggie in richard pettys class as far as wins and losses, as far as how he markets his product, as I said, ill never own another.

carry on.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I love my 42 Fountain!!!
Old 08-23-2008, 08:43 AM

The Boat in the pic behind us is Craig in a very nice 43 F4 Sunsation, he and a 47 Fountain got inthere very close. All of us were running stock 700's

It was a great day and lots of fun.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Registered

I guess it worked the man will running tomorrow with team stampede!

Last edited by Von Bongo; 08-23-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since you dislike Fountain so much then why are you in the Fountain Owner's Forum?
Old 08-28-2008, 08:00 AM

SO how many of those Mystic's ran in the shoot out?? How many Fountains?? Seriously I would like toknow and can't find the results??
Old 08-28-2008, 08:57 AM
Registered

1 mystic ran in the shooutout at 178 and took the Cat top gun

7 or 8 fountains ran with Stampede the 42 PR taking the V title at 130 MPH.

9 or 10 cats of various makes ran and exceeded the 130 MPH of stampede with less power.

I ran in Stampede at 120 MPH but we had a blower that started locking up and the boat chinewalked bad. It was unfortunate because Reggie was to go in the next run on it.

I also interviewed reggie for about 15 minutes on Radio and TV and he was very gracious and called LOTO the Mecca of powerboating in the US and the shootout the best attended powerboat event he's ever been to in the US. We talked about his acquisition of Baja, P1, his fishing boats, cat killer and a few more topics.

And as usual the myth and the man were two different things.

He also said he was sure from a standing start the cat killer would beat the cats in the run...I guess he'll have to bring it and see..he said he is considering selling it to Dr. Janssen.

Any other questions?

Quick Reply: Comments about Fountain Power boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.