Speed and Power of your 29 >

Speed and Power of your 29

Notices

Speed and Power of your 29

Old 09-07-2008, 11:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by procharged 454
I just bought 98 29 with 577 bulldog, 634 hp runs 72 or73 28 labbed left hand. Get this with a 2 inch spacer in the drive. Order new studs to put the drive were it should be. I will let everyone know. Riggs marine built the engine said if I take the 2 inch spacer out, the top two hole in the water pickup will suck air. Anyone heard of such a thing

I have run Outboards real high in the past. They have the same 4 holes on each side on the lower unit.

I plugged the top hole on each side with bondo..yes bondo!.. And the water pressure increased. from about 21 to 29 psi.
I also carved a vayne from each hole to a lower point on the front of thew lower unit.I don't think the vanes are essential though.

Keep an Eye on the water pressure. If it jumps around a lot or goes low just plug the top hole w bondo.Then spray can it black. It works!

-Chad
Old 09-08-2008, 11:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

UNSANE: I checked my Performance Report now, and it says Dealer: Port Jacksonville........... The boat is hvite with blue hullsides and "Victory in motion" graphics. If it is the same boat (which I think), can you give some info on it? Who ordered it, to stock or to a spesific customer? I bought the boat from a friend of mine who worked at the Nor-Tech factory. I think he had bought it from a company that sells different things for companies that go bankrupt etc. What happened to it? Do you have any pictures??
Old 09-08-2008, 01:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
UNSANE: I checked my Performance Report now, and it says Dealer: Port Jacksonville........... The boat is hvite with blue hullsides and "Victory in motion" graphics. If it is the same boat (which I think), can you give some info on it? Who ordered it, to stock or to a spesific customer? I bought the boat from a friend of mine who worked at the Nor-Tech factory. I think he had bought it from a company that sells different things for companies that go bankrupt etc. What happened to it? Do you have any pictures??
That would be the boat, but this was over 2 years ago. It was listed on boattrader then, but I have no info on it. Sorry...
Old 09-08-2008, 07:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Never heard of puting a 2 inch spacer in to prevent it. They used to come from Fountain the top 2 holes with allen head set screws threaded in to prevent it.
I will keep A eye on my water pressure gaugemay need blug the top holes, put the real question is how much speed on the top end I will Gain when I take the 2 inch spacer out. ANY Guess....
Old 09-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Registered

Thanks for posting this question. Last year ( my 2nd year boating) a guy asked if I was running 75-77 mph with my single 502 27'. I thought it sounded like high expectations for a bone stock 502.

Other than the bumpstick, it still is stock. Just refreshed after the blow up last year. I've seen 68 on the gps. 24p 4-blade mirage plus. 5100 rpm.
Old 09-09-2008, 11:21 PM
Registered

2004 29' with HP525, XR & 26" Bravo lefty.
80 mph.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:23 AM
Registered

Nice speed! But one question I have not found the answer to yet, iswhy Fountain has equipped some of their single engine sport boats with lefthand rotation??????

As far as I know, the early boats had the weight of the driver to starboard, thus turning the propeller clockwise to combat the torque/weight of the driver.... Driver is still on the starboard side and Fountain turn the propeller to the left? That would strengthen the force to the starboard.... Also the engine turns clokwise seen from the stern, that enable the boat to lean more to port side.

Hmmm, what is "the trick" here.....
Old 09-10-2008, 05:25 AM
Registered

Okay, t prptorque to the starboard combat the engine torque to the left??????????????????
Old 09-10-2008, 06:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
Nice speed! But one question I have not found the answer to yet, iswhy Fountain has equipped some of their single engine sport boats with lefthand rotation??????

As far as I know, the early boats had the weight of the driver to starboard, thus turning the propeller clockwise to combat the torque/weight of the driver.... Driver is still on the starboard side and Fountain turn the propeller to the left? That would strengthen the force to the starboard.... Also the engine turns clokwise seen from the stern, that enable the boat to lean more to port side.

Hmmm, what is "the trick" here.....
Sometimes boats lean over to the side a little at WOT. Mine does not so still run the RH.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by UNSANE
The 525 is already a complete roller setup. (secret to its power) The same guy who got 620+hp from my 525 has been doing up these Whippled versions. Not sure if he's changed pistons or not. It's already a lower compression motor since it runs on 87. The next time I get to hang around him, I'll ask. I do know he's got a plan to get over 1200hp on race gas later on down the road. He had to convert them to open cooling in the process. Here's a pic of an early incarnation from the "evil genius".
Originally Posted by PurePower
2004 29' with HP525, XR & 26" Bravo lefty.
80 mph.
My thinking is, is it cost effective (worth it) to bolt on a whipple? I don't want to spend $5,000 and gain 1 or 2 mph. From the looks of things here I can bolt a whipple on my fresh engine, bring that engine to a conservative 700ish RPM which would put me in the mid-high 80 range which is where I would LOVE to REALISTICALLY be. I'd imagine the hull could handle 100mph, but is it worth it to spend the money to get a 2000 29 Fountain to the 100mph mark, not for me. Thanks for the advise everybody!

Quick Reply: Speed and Power of your 29

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.