Don't Buy a Fountain >

Don't Buy a Fountain

Notices

Don't Buy a Fountain

Old 03-16-2002, 12:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Don't Buy a Fountain

What ever help I have ever had from fountain comes from my persistence in calls to the factory. The dealer has done everything they can to help along the way but no one from the factory ever responds to my calls. I have to actually get them at their desk to get anything done.

My cabin door broke last year in my 2001(busted due to strap installed too tight at factory)so I talked to Jeff Harris to get a new one made. He had one sent out to me after no less than 4 calls to follow-up (arrived about 5 months later) and its not even close to the right size. Has my name on it with my hull # and everything.

Well now I've placed one call to Jeff with no response and another to the new warranty Dept. with no response.

You people out there thinking about spending your good money on a Fountain, think again. You can't spend enough to get attention at Fountain.
Old 03-16-2002, 01:20 PM
Registered

I had a similar experience with a cabin door. I wasn't real happy with the dealer, so I contacted Fountain. BK Millaway was the contact. They sent a new one with complete with hardware. It had a small chip on the lower edge from poor packaging, but overall had a good experience. Shortly after I took delivery, I had numerous small issues relative to quality control, improper trailer set up, etc. I wrote a long letter to Fountain. BK called me back and helped out with everything but the trailer. I had to go through Vanguard for that.

Overall, I feel they responded satasfactorily to my requests. While I wasn't impressed with the dealer, I'd still buy another Fountain. I get so many compliments about the boat from fellow boaters, non boaters, etc.

I have a feeling morale may be low due to poor sales and economic conditions right now. As a business owner, I can understand how that can impact a company. Write BK a detailed letter, cc to Reggie as well. You'll get positive results.
Old 03-16-2002, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

BK is no longer there......
Old 03-16-2002, 10:00 PM
Registered

A buddy of mine brought his kid with(7years old)who we let play in the cabin with the T.V...he closed the port side door without lifting the top and broke the top left corner of the door... June of 01
Called the dealer(RiverView)and had one the following weekend for install...complete with hardware.
Old 03-16-2002, 10:54 PM
KN
Registered

Thumbs down

I agree with 38 Lightning, I had a 29' Fountain and I will never own another. Because the way they treated me. I'm glad some of you have had good experaince with them.

Kirk
Old 03-17-2002, 11:19 AM
Registered

Believe me its not me trying to bring Fountain down. One lousy door. You would think they would at least return my two calls.

Last edited by 38 Lightning; 03-17-2002 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2002, 11:43 AM
KN
Registered

Hey Mike, I'm not trying to bring Fountain down. I'm just adding to this post, that Iv'e had a bad experiance with Fountain. There are always a few people that will talk poorly about other brands, with nothing to back it up with, when your at the top, you usually get the largest share of this.

I have nothing against the boats that Fountain builds, just the way I was treated. I would have seriously considered a 35' Fountain as my next boat if thing had been different.

Kirk
Old 03-18-2002, 10:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had good and bad, working with dealer was all bad, period. I finally went straight to Fountain, to get a seal kit for my drive and I too broke the top cabin door. Steve Harrelson ups all of it to me no charge. Dealer never even returned my calls, I would buy another Fountain, just from a different Dealer.

Will