Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
99 lightning at Shogren??? >

99 lightning at Shogren???

Notices

99 lightning at Shogren???

Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Tcuda...I did end up checking her out for ya... Greg at Shogren was kind enough to follow me around their MASSIVE showroom with a mop-and-bucket as I couldn't keep my mouth closed...WOW the new place is awesome...it's like the ultimate boat show only all go-fasts!

I learned that is boat is NOT the one I was thinking of previously...it IS a saltwater boat. The trailer looks a little rough (surface rust, I believe), and the vinyl on the sunpad and the backs of the bolsters is a little stained...nothing major. There's a ding in the rubrail on the starboard stern, and a small gouge right under the bow eye, but other than that, the hullsides looked clean. Below deck was about perfect...very clean. Engine compartment was clean, and tight with that genset in there!

Let me know if you have any other questions, I'll try to remember any other details you may have inquiries on.

Thanks to Greg @ Shogren for the help...and for letting me sneak a peek at that gorgeous Top Gun...my wife LOVED the cabin in that thing...who knows what could happen now....?

Roger...thanks for the heads-up, but we're looking at C5 coupes....I think we found what we're after...hopefully making a deal this week!
Old 05-10-2009, 11:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a couple c5's for sale about 10 min away from shogren let me know if any of mine could work for you.

http://www.anthonypontiac.com/vehicl...0-5000000/asc/
Old 05-11-2009, 12:00 AM
Registered

We have a 2000 with 500 efi staggered I would let go for 130 . Everything is for sale.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by satisfied1
We have a 2000 with 500 efi staggered I would let go for 130 . Everything is for sale.
Hey Jeff! Finally got a new dash from Team Marine...looks great, thanks for the info!

BTW- We'll be in Milwaukee for the first weekend of Summerfest, you guys should roll by!
Old 05-11-2009, 08:58 AM
Registered

Send me some info. That could be a nice trip for us. Glad Keven took care of you. Pics please
Old 05-11-2009, 10:02 AM
Registered

When it's done, I'll post em on the "other" site...let my membership expire over here.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Registered

Thanks Sommerfliesby,
Sounds like you really enjoyed yourselfes there... Scott said it was a brackish/salt boat,Doesn't sound like I should worry much. One guy here on OSO said Fountains are known to spider crack there gel coat expecially in the oceans whith bigger seas than lakes???? Is that true and was there any evidence of that on the 42? This will be my first Fountain,haven't seen it yet but working on the deal as we speak. If everthing goes as planned I might take a quick flight there to check it out. Will I be dissapionted? I know its a used boat so I expect to so some wear and tear but I dont want a garbage barge. Sounds to me Scott doesn't sell to much crap.
Satisfied1, I'm workind a trade with Shogren but would def. like to have EFI.Unless you want a 38 express cruiser........???
The deal is pretty much locked up tight with Shogren so I'll have to pass, but thanks.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:17 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by tcuda499
Thanks Sommerfliesby,
Sounds like you really enjoyed yourselfes there... Scott said it was a brackish/salt boat,Doesn't sound like I should worry much. One guy here on OSO said Fountains are known to spider crack there gel coat expecially in the oceans whith bigger seas than lakes???? Is that true and was there any evidence of that on the 42? This will be my first Fountain,haven't seen it yet but working on the deal as we speak. If everthing goes as planned I might take a quick flight there to check it out. Will I be dissapionted? I know its a used boat so I expect to so some wear and tear but I dont want a garbage barge. Sounds to me Scott doesn't sell to much crap.
Satisfied1, I'm workind a trade with Shogren but would def. like to have EFI.Unless you want a 38 express cruiser........???
The deal is pretty much locked up tight with Shogren so I'll have to pass, but thanks.
I have run my Fountain 35 in both lakes and ocean, there is not a spider crack or any gel coat flaw on the boat anywhere. Fountains are as solid as they come.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:19 PM
Registered

No problem good luck and enjoy your new ride.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:50 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by tcuda499
Thanks Sommerfliesby,
Can't say that I looked all that hard for cracks, but like Kahn said, I have yet to find ANY on my boat...and believe me when I tell you that Lake Michigan can get a bit rough...as can Lake of the Ozarks (which is where it lived before it followed me home). Personally, I don't think you'll be disappointed. And no, there's not a lot of "crap" in that showroom for sure! Good luck, hope it works out for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.