Need Opinions about the price of my boat

Notices

Need Opinions about the price of my boat

Old 07-03-2009, 01:37 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by apppedigree
I think that it is all in how you market it.

Of course on this site you arent going to get a whole lot of offers - everyone is looking for bigger and better.

I would think that constantly listing on Craigslist or with a river rat publication would be the ticket. Big power, not alot of money, you need to find someone that likes to go fast and make noise. Not a poker runner, not a family man, not a overnight boater.

Figure out who you think would buy it, and then go after them.

Also, list it and let it stay for a while. Ive seen so many people list their boat and then the price drops like 15k in the first week. Makes it seem like there is something wrong with it.
All good info that I will put to work. Thanks
Old 07-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
Granted it's a $hitty boat market

I have had this thing listed for a couple months now. I also put it on Ebay for 20 or 30 days. Let me hear it.

You have a real sharp boat there, someone will buy it. Might take a while in this economy today, but you can't change that.

I would shorten up the add, ditch the drawn out history and get some new pics. Put the basics in the ad with a comment that specifics can be provided. If you are going to re-photo the boat take a look at what Shogren does with their pics, I think they do a real good job. Drop the comment about the boat being "not for the inexperienced", let your buyers decide for themselves, rather than stating it's not for them. That conversation may be valid, but better had when you are delivering the boat, words of caution to the buyer at that time to learn the boat and an offer to spend some time with them on the water. Does not need to be in your ad.

Let your ad create an interest in the boat, interested buyers will follow thru on that. There is such a thing as too much information, when they want it they will ask. It's a unique boat that looks to be in super condition, let it speak for itself.

Good luck with your sale, and please don't take this wrong.

Last edited by RaggedEdge; 07-03-2009 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:50 AM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
You have a real sharp boat there, someone will buy it. Might take a while in this economy today, but you can't change that.

I would shorten up the add, ditch the drawn out history and get some new pics. Put the basics in the ad with a comment that specifics can be provided. If you are going to re-photo the boat take a look at what Shogren does with their pics, I think they do a real good job. Drop the comment about the boat being "not for the inexperienced", let your buyers decide for themselves, rather than stating it's not for them. That conversation may be valid, but better had when you are delivering the boat, words of caution to the buyer at that time to learn the boat and an offer to spend some time with them on the water. Does not need to be in your ad.

Let your ad create an interest in the boat, interested buyers will follow thru on that. There is such a thing as too much information, when they want it they will ask. It's a unique boat that looks to be in super condition, let it speak for itself.

Good luck with your sale, and please don't take this wrong.
All good information. I never really looked at the description from that angle. I put the history in the ad because....well because of the procharger. I just wanted to extend the fact that the boat has been built correctly. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:57 AM
Registered

If you were closer to the Gulf Coast, I know buyers here who would have bought it already. The pisser about buying a boat is that sometimes you find the right boat in the wrong part of the country.
Old 07-03-2009, 11:53 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dredgeking
If you were closer to the Gulf Coast, I know buyers here who would have bought it already. The pisser about buying a boat is that sometimes you find the right boat in the wrong part of the country.
This is the best part of the country to buy from (if boat is indoor stored and maintained as this one is).
We have a short season so hours are lower and freshwater- only boats live so much longer than southern salt-water boats.

This boat would definitely be worth the drive/flight.
Old 07-04-2009, 01:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dredgeking
Check uShip.com for cheap shipping!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o26343-en.html

Revised ad.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed

There you go! Now go $29,995.00 and you're in.