Need Opinions about the price of my boat

Notices

Need Opinions about the price of my boat

Old 06-30-2009, 05:30 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Opinions about the price of my boat

Granted it's a $hitty boat market at the time being. I have had literly 1000's of people look at my ad. I have had a few soft offers over the phone...nothing I would call appealing...one might even call it low balling. I have had a few people looking to swap less than steller muscle..worth mid teens at best. A few have offered newer vette's 1999-2002 plain janes valued in the high teens to low 20's. At first I priced the boat on the upper end of the limited 24 CS market but now I would consider my price well with the price range...considering the boat is equipped with a XR and a ton of h.p. .

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o26343-en.html

My question is:

1) Should I sell the boat for $25K or hold out for at least $28-$30K.
2) Should I just keep the thing covered up in the garage until things in the boat market get better because it doesn't cost me a dime. I can always dust it off when I feel the itch.
3) Just keep waiting for the Buyer that wants to ad a 24 CS to his stable of Fountains....you know a son of a Fountain. Maybe Reggie will buy it back for his grandson.

I have had this thing listed for a couple months now. I also put it on Ebay for 20 or 30 days. Let me hear it.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:42 PM
Registered

I think if you get 25 for it.....sell it.

I wouldn't expect any near term rebound in the boat market, if ever (due to gas going up, up and up.)

It looks very clean, but is a small very fast boat with limited market. I have been shopping for a while and you can get much bigger in the same age range for similar money. I don't think that the built/procharged 502 will really add value, as it isn't stock and few people want someone else's project so it can hurt value. Also, I don't know what NADA is but it's what banks go on if somebody needs financing so if you're over it that can make it tough.

It looks very nice, good luck.
Old 06-30-2009, 05:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theirs been two 27's sell for the low 20's, a 35 sell for in the 40's, second listing below asking $16K for a 27 Fever. Yea if you want to sell your 24 cs, I would yank the arm off a guy at 25K, Market being described as bad is an understatment. The positive news is, once you sell your boat you can make a hell of an upgrade for not much more.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...Fever-95273311

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...27-SE-95247054

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...Fever-95320134
Old 06-30-2009, 10:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Need-the-Speed
Granted it's a $hitty boat market at the time being. I have had literly 1000's of people look at my ad. I have had a few soft offers over the phone...nothing I would call appealing...one might even call it low balling. I have had a few people looking to swap less than steller muscle..worth mid teens at best. A few have offered newer vette's 1999-2002 plain janes valued in the high teens to low 20's. At first I priced the boat on the upper end of the limited 24 CS market but now I would consider my price well with the price range...considering the boat is equipped with a XR and a ton of h.p. .

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o26343-en.html

My question is:

1) Should I sell the boat for $25K or hold out for at least $28-$30K.
2) Should I just keep the thing covered up in the garage until things in the boat market get better because it doesn't cost me a dime. I can always dust it off when I feel the itch.
3) Just keep waiting for the Buyer that wants to ad a 24 CS to his stable of Fountains....you know a son of a Fountain. Maybe Reggie will buy it back for his grandson.

I have had this thing listed for a couple months now. I also put it on Ebay for 20 or 30 days. Let me hear it.

Looks like the boat is in amazing condition. Unfortunately I think you just need to find the right buyer. With all the modifications done to the boat will probably make it a little harder to sell but I'm sure if you wait long enough you will find a buyer. If you are serious about selling you might want to throw it on boattrader.com if it not already on there.
Old 06-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Xtreme Cooler Test Dumby
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BAJA WILL
Theirs been two 27's sell for the low 20's, a 35 sell for in the 40's, second listing below asking $16K for a 27 Fever. Yea if you want to sell your 24 cs, I would yank the arm off a guy at 25K, Market being described as bad is an understatment. The positive news is, once you sell your boat you can make a hell of an upgrade for not much more.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...Fever-95273311

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...27-SE-95247054

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...Fever-95320134

I can also buy a 69 camaro with 125K miles for $15K or I can buy one with 10K miles for $60K. I understand running down classified listing searching for the longest boat for the least amount of money but usually the cheapest boats are the largest piles of $hit. When I listed the boat I had a few idea's in mind: 1) There are very few 24 CS Fountains in exsistance. According to Fountain Records Only 113 have been made......ever 2) From what I have seen with the 24's listed only a hand full are as clean as this boat. The boat is literally a 9.5 out of 10. 3) Although the engine has been modified very few people have complete documentation/history to verify claims about whats in the engine compartment.
If this was a 27, 29 or a Baja I would completely take your advice....because there are a ton that have been produced. Absolutely zero rareity/uniqueness. You can buy a 27 Fountain at almost every used boat yard in NC. Heck for that matter you can buy a used 27 on almost any boat yard in NY. You can't compare the functionality of the two boats
(24 Vs. 27) because they were produced with completely different intentions in mind. The 24 was intended as a Ski boat. How many 24's come with a built in Ballast tank? Totally different boats. I was kind of hoping a buyer would appreciate those attributes. As far as yanking the arm off the guy with $25K.....this isn't a fire sale, this thing can sit and the only thing it will cost me is space. The reason I considered selling is Lack of use. I used the boat approx. 5 times in the last year and a half....maybe 4-5 hours.
Even though I feel like you just kicked me in the sack, I do appreciate the opinion.

Last edited by Need-the-Speed; 06-30-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-30-2009, 11:29 PM
Registered

seen this boat in the classifieds looks nice never seen one in a pic till I seen yours , looks nice and fast good luck with the sale but if you get a buyer and its somewhat close (5-7k) to your asking price I would def take it in this market!
Old 07-01-2009, 09:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hear you and understand, but the more rare a boat is actually is more of a hinder than helper. I do understand that it is in great condition, and that will close the deal, but you need people looking first, being on the high side of pricing people just look over the add and keep going ( in this market).

Actually your comparisson on the camaro is right on, in this market how many 60K camaro's are being sold?

Your boat is probably worth more than you are asking, but in this market, a boat needs to be a steal of a deal to move, same with german car, or hell price a used Escalade

If you still get enjoyment out of it, keep it, seriously, the value is not going to drop much more over the next 3 years, it may even come up a little.

Oh if I came across harsh I apoligize, remember I just left my business/job of selling Baja and Fountain due to boats not selling, so its a touchy subject, sorry.

Last edited by BAJA WILL; 07-01-2009 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 1,421 Likes on 793 Posts

Oh if I came across harsh I apoligize, remember I just left my business/job of selling Baja and Fountain due to boats not selling, so its a touchy subject, sorry.
That sucks, what are you doing now?
Old 07-01-2009, 04:11 PM
Registered

BAJA WILL- Sorry to here about your business… I was not in the boat business but I also had to close my business. Best of luck in your future!!!

I always like to read what you had to say on OSO!!! So you better keep posting.

Bryan
Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 PM
Registered

I think that it is all in how you market it.

Of course on this site you arent going to get a whole lot of offers - everyone is looking for bigger and better.

I would think that constantly listing on Craigslist or with a river rat publication would be the ticket. Big power, not alot of money, you need to find someone that likes to go fast and make noise. Not a poker runner, not a family man, not a overnight boater.

Figure out who you think would buy it, and then go after them.

Also, list it and let it stay for a while. Ive seen so many people list their boat and then the price drops like 15k in the first week. Makes it seem like there is something wrong with it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.