Bilge pump fuses keep blowing >

Bilge pump fuses keep blowing

Notices

Bilge pump fuses keep blowing

Old 10-14-2009, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bilge pump fuses keep blowing

Recently, both bilge pumps stopped working on my 05 Executioner. Both inline fuses were blown. They were 5 amp fuses. As soon as I replaced each one, it blew immediately. Light comes on at the switch (even with fuses blown), but no pump action. Could both bilge pumps be shot? Each one is wired to its own battery. Common short somewhere? Bilges clogged? Fuse amps too low? Just bought this boat in June, so I'm working the kinks out from the neglectful prior owner as I go. Any help greatly appreciated.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after you replaced he fuses, did it blow when you turned the bilge pump on or it blew in the off position?If it blew in the on position that usaully is a short to ground. I cant see both seperate wire harnness's being shorted to ground so I would guess the pumps are no good. You can run a jumper harness to the pumps right from the batt to see if they work off a known good power source and ground.