miami boat show >

miami boat show

Notices

miami boat show

Old 02-17-2010, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Cigarette had a great display that definitely portrays an image. Past and future customers paid for/ will pay for this image. Great marketing of some very nice boats.

Statement made a big statement with some over-the-top show boats and a way cool display.

Fountain at least made it to the show. Yes it was no where near the displays of some others but they were there. I thought registering visitors so that dealers could identify potential customers from their area was a very supportive move by Fountain. Traveling around Miami and at the show I saw more Fountain hats, jackets, shirts, etc being worn than probably all other mfg.s combined so there is still a lot of customer loyalty.
Hey Kelly, did you talk to anybody at statement? shutter's kid is building boats with those guys. a real class boat!
Old 02-18-2010, 06:46 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gowet4fun
Hey Kelly, did you talk to anybody at statement? shutter's kid is building boats with those guys. a real class boat!
When I was looking at one of the boats a guy was removing fingerprints, nametag said Bob Shutter. I thought, no could not be the same guy. Guess it was, should have said hello.

Those boats represent a new level.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Kelly O
Fountain at least made it to the show. Yes it was no where near the displays of some others but they were there. I thought registering visitors so that dealers could identify potential customers from their area was a very supportive move by Fountain. Traveling around Miami and at the show I saw more Fountain hats, jackets, shirts, etc being worn than probably all other mfg.s combined so there is still a lot of customer loyalty.

Was the Shogren crew present in the Fountain display?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
i found greg hiding in one of the cruisers lol
Old 02-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Yep.....Scott, Greg and Bruce were all the the Fountain display. Ran into them again at the Nor-Tech display as well.
Old 02-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Beak Boater
Yep.....Scott, Greg and Bruce were all the the Fountain display. Ran into them again at the Nor-Tech display as well.

Was beginning to wonder, no new boats on their site, all the new leftover stock changed to new repo's. Was looking like they were going to jump ship.

Still don't understand the "repo" deal, all these boats have been in their inventory for a year or better. At what point do they become theirs? I sell on a part time basis for a close friend who owns a Sea Ray dealership, and while Sea Ray does help with floor plan costs for a period of time, the boat belongs to the dealership the day it hits the yard. As time goes by there may be incentives that apply to help in moving the leftover stock, but it's still a case of "you ordered it, you own it".
Old 02-21-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered

Don't need to understand...just make offer and be ready for a new boat.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:38 AM
Registered

I was told that Donzi is only custom order now. They are not building any boats that are not sold. Just the word on the street. don't have facts to back that up. Also would like to add that Fountain in the past has always had an impressive show. I think in the years to come ALL boat manufacutering company's will pull the throttles back on the hype and showmanship. It cost alot of boat builders alot of money and they all see the bottom line now. And I would add this is not just in the boat industry. Everyone got a wake up call when the economy turned. I think most company's now are down to buiness now and the frills and glamour are a thing of the past. Or at least until money is like water again and the past is forgotten.