Triple switch on throttle lever >

Triple switch on throttle lever

Notices

Triple switch on throttle lever

Old 02-25-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Triple switch on throttle lever

I'm thinking to replace the standard trim switch on the throttle (left pic below) with the triple switch below from Livorsi (right pic).
The idea is to be able to control also the tabs without taking the hand off the throttle.
The fore finger switch could control the trim, and the 2 thumb switches the tabs.

Seems a nice solution on paper, but I don't recall to have seen any boat with such arrangement.
Am I maybe missing some reason why it's NOT worth having it? Not as practical as it seems? Troubles with wiring?
Any views appreciated!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Registered

Received 1,445 Likes on 804 Posts

Sunsation uses them on there new boats. I was thinking of doing the same thing, seems like a good idea.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Our 37 Outerlimits had trim on one throttle, and tabs on the other throttle. It had 6 drives, so once on plane you didnt trim the drives very much at all. It was easy to concentrate on the tabs switch and not get confused. On a bravo drive boat, when you are trimming alot, it would take some practice to remember which switch you are pushing.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks cool, wonder how it would tie in. Think it would work perfect better than stering wheel controls.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:26 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks slick. I get all confused just trying too remember which of mine are for the tabs and which one is for the drives. My switches control both drives and both tabs, no independent adjusting. Not sure if having sep tab switches at your fingertip would be all that benefical??? A common one is nice though.

Wouldn't be too hard to install, just gotta add some diodes for the tabs switches, or tap into the individual side of the dash switches so they don't back feed. The drive switch is no problem.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Wouldn't be too hard to install, just gotta add some diodes for the tabs switches, or tap into the individual side of the dash switches so they don't back feed. The drive switch is no problem.
Yep, my thought also, but I'd rather keep the separate tabs switches with no diodes. It's true that most of the time they're either raised or lowered together, but considering the switches position it should be easy to press both with the thumb at the same time, thus keeping the possibility to adjust them separately. I'm only wondering if the cables passage isn't too small for all those wires...
Funny that apparently nobody is using them, maybe I should relay the question on the general q&a.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:09 PM
Registered

Received 1,445 Likes on 804 Posts

Sunsation has them on their boats try that forum.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:49 AM
Registered

I'll give it a try, thanks.
Do you think that as a Fountain fan I should fear the reaction of Sunsation guys...?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How about a double switch on the throttle. One for the drive, one for both tabs at the same time. If you have an uneven load and need to trim separate then you could still adjust them on the dash right?
Old 02-28-2010, 10:26 PM
Registered

Yes of course, but I don't see why not to have the separate controls also on the throttle if you can.
Besides, if you use the "normal" dual switches, and wire them as one for the trim and the other for both tabs, I'm not sure you're really getting a better control. In my mind, it's more convenient to use the fore finger and the thumb for separate purposes, than just the thumb for both.
I'd be curious to hear from someone who actually tried this triple thingie.
But sunsation forum doesn't seem as lively as this one...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.