Moisture in the storage step entering the cabin >

Moisture in the storage step entering the cabin

Notices

Moisture in the storage step entering the cabin

Old 03-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Moisture in the storage step entering the cabin

How does it get there? My tools are getting wet for some reason and I can't figure out how.. Does it leak rain through the hatch? .. I store it outside covered.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:05 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

remove the forward mirror and check the lifting loop and nav lights for sealing.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why is there no drain in this compartment or in the cuddy floor? Seems odd or is this standard with cuddy boats? My 27 had water on the cuddy floor and in that storage compartment. Hopefully it was from me pressure washing the cockpit. Once it dries out I guess I'll find out. No stains in the headliner or interior so I'm not too concerned.... yet...
Old 03-26-2010, 02:26 PM
Charter Member # 545
Gold Member

Their was a several page discussion on this a while back. What the general thought was, the bilge and cabin are supposed to be sealed so no water can run from the bilge forward. But what we have noticed is boats with more water in the bilge have more water under that step into the cabin. If you look at your boat on the trailer the lowest point of the hull is right where that step is inside the cabin. Its decieving when you look at it. Its supposed to be sealed with foam where they mounted the fuel tanks under the floor preventing anything from running foward. It may have taken a long time for this water to work its way foward but it seems that if your bilge stays very dry usually their is no water under that step. Some think the bow rails are leaking water under them, or the lifting eye or anchor locker, if you have one, and have resealed them to find they still get water under that step.
Old 03-26-2010, 11:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
remove the forward mirror and check the lifting loop and nav lights for sealing.
there is a little slop in the front lifting loop....Imma garden hose it when i look behind the mirror.. how does the mirror usualy come off?
Old 03-27-2010, 09:11 AM
Registered

I have the same problem, i have taken a shop vac and sucked it out and cheked it a few days later and there be just as much in there???????????????
Old 03-27-2010, 09:14 AM
Banned

Just a thought but I would put a dehumidifier in the cabin and let it run for a few days. I have done this with a cruiser and it solved the problem. Sometimes water gets in and their is just no other way to get it out.
Old 03-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by mcprodesign
there is a little slop in the front lifting loop....Imma garden hose it when i look behind the mirror.. how does the mirror usualy come off?
Remove the plastic screw caps, then the screws. Frame and mirror comes right out.

My 27 used to get water up front too, but from the bilge. As mentioned, the keel is lower in front than in back while on the trailer, maybe even when resting in the water?? The drain hole for the forward hull into the bilge was right at the bottom, so any water that got into teh bilge would simply run forward. I just stuck a rubber stopper in that hole and never had a drop in the front again. This only happened when I would wash the bilge down though since I didn't have any issues of water in there otherwise.

My 32 has on occasion some water in front, (maybe a cup or 2), but only after heavy rains when in my slip since the nose stuck out a little from under the roof. That I haven't really looked at since it only happened a coulpe times a yr. The forward hull drains in the 32's bilge are up a good 6" from the bottom, and my bilge is always 100% dry, I know the issue is up front. I did reseal my nav light last yr because I could run the hose over the light and see water leak into the nose, just not sure if it was enough??
Old 03-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Registered

I have a little bilge pump under that step not sure were it drains to it was there when I got the boat. I figured it drains to the back or the bottom of the hull so the main bilge pump's can take care of it.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Originally Posted by iariverrat
I have a little bilge pump under that step not sure were it drains to it was there when I got the boat. I figured it drains to the back or the bottom of the hull so the main bilge pump's can take care of it.
Out the side next to the sink drain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.