Pics of my new (to me) Fountain 27 Fever >

Pics of my new (to me) Fountain 27 Fever

Notices

Pics of my new (to me) Fountain 27 Fever

Old 04-23-2002, 08:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pablo,

The previous owner explained that the black valve is closed and the yellow valve open during flush. I did it this way and it worked fine. I had normal water pressure at the gauge. Maybe some other owner can shed some light on this for us. I dont trust the previous owners knowledge of the boat that much. When he showed me the boat he went to start it by pumping the throttle while cranking. The engine would roar to life and then die as he continued to pump the throttle. He explained that the engine had always been cold natured. I had to tell him that to start an EFI engine all you need to do is leave the throttle at idle and turn the key. He was amazed! The engine fired right up and idled perfectly.

Jassman,

I will not be running the Ticfaw 200 this year. My boat club, (Baton Rouge Boat Club), has its Poker Run the same day. Our run is much more low key and you can make it in a party barge if you like but we always support our club. I think that for the Labor Day weekend our club will be at Diamondhead. I will let you know. Some people drive their boats from the Amite River just south of Baton Rouge. Others trailer down. Its a 3 day weekend cruise with one cruise out to the islands. Usually a dozen or so boats make it. If I can persuade my wife to leave the baby for a couple of days (doubtfull) we will make the cruise. Ill have to let you know.

Ron
Old 04-23-2002, 11:09 PM
Registered

Cool Fresh water flush

Glad to see your new boat, no hard feelings RJ. (enjoy)

On the valve question. The gate valve which is the round handle should be in the closed position when on the hose or you will dump half the water out the lower unit. The other valve is there when you have the hose hooked up and ready to start the engine open the valve, when done shut the valve, and then re-open the gate valve.
Old 04-24-2002, 09:57 AM
pmcrespo

Thanks RJ and Excursion. That makes sense. I was doing it wrong (twice). I never closed the round handle valve. No wonder I always had so much water coming off the drive!!! And I indeed also forgot to close the yellow handle valve once. I guess it did not make a difference since I never closed the round one to start with......

Thanks

Old 04-24-2002, 04:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rj,

nice ride! If you get the bezels from Gaffrig in Elk Grove Village IL, the red will be like a candy apple (I like this better). From Livorsi (Grayslake, IL), the red looks like anodized. The flushing adapter you have is great. You can also back flush the outdrive with it. The POS low water pickup flush unit barely gets any water to the engine. BTW, be CAREFULL with those low pickups. It's real easy to pickup mud and sand. Sand is the worst as the larger pebbles get caught in the power steering heat exchanger (the horizontal one mounted to the bell housing). I hope the water was fairly deep in that anchored photo!

I've got the red dino wheel on mine- I'll post pics soon. To center the wheel, you can remove the 6-8 flat head allens and index the wheel in those increments.

BTW, does your depth guage work ok?

Lastly, how about that video!!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2002, 04:57 PM
Registered

No hard feelings here excursion.

Breathe,

I have a buddy that is a Gaffrig distributor. He is checking into the bezels for me now. Im a little worried about the low water pickup drive myself. A few people around here have had problems. Mostly mud bottoms around here but we do go down to the gulf coast with the boat a few times a year. About the steering wheel, with hydraulic steering the wheel will not always return to the same center. So if you adjust it perfectly there is no guarentee that it will be centered later. Depth gauge is erratic at speed on plane. Sometimes it gives a true reading sometimes not. I guess the stepped hull is fooling it. At rest or idle speed it seems to work ok.

Video? What video?

Ron
Old 04-24-2002, 06:25 PM
Registered

rj,

You didn't get the video with the leather binder?

If you email your address I'll get you a copy- it's Reggie propoganda at it's finest, exercise routine, etc. Good for a laugh and some useful advice too.

I took delivery of mine in April 99, Ordered the boat from the dealer at the Chi. boat show. Mine's got the 502MPI, Indy graphics, grey carpet. I regret I didn't get embroidered seat backs and maybe deck graphics.

Breathe Later
Old 04-24-2002, 10:33 PM
Registered

Yeah Breathe,

I have that video. Its funny! It does have a lot of footage of the boats though.

The best part is when he is racing Chuck Norris and Kurt Russel and he says, "bye bye moviestar!", as he passes their 4 engine cat in his three engine V.

Post some pics of your boat. I would love to see it.

Ron
Old 04-25-2002, 08:56 AM
29Fever

RJ,

Nice ride. I have the same graphics and colors on my 29'. You won't be dissapointed!

Old 08-05-2002, 06:39 PM
Registered

Default RJ or Breathe

My good freind just got a 1997 27 fever with a 454 mag ProCharge but H got it from a bank repo service. So he did not get any of the stuff in the leathe case. Would it be posible to get a copy of that video from one of you, that would be great thanks Charlie
[email protected]
Old 08-05-2002, 07:55 PM
Registered

ragtop409,
Give the factory a call. I would think they would send out the video for you.
Dan

Quick Reply: Pics of my new (to me) Fountain 27 Fever

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.