Steering Wheel Replacement >

Steering Wheel Replacement

Notices

Steering Wheel Replacement

Old 04-05-2010, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Wheel Replacement

I want to replace the stock steering wheel with a nice aftermarket one. Are there adapters that need to be bought in conjunction with the steering wheel or do they bolt right up? Its going in my 29 Fever. I have a blue dash with blue and chrome bezels and trim rings on the gauges. Any suggestions?
Old 04-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stogie
I want to replace the stock steering wheel with a nice aftermarket one. Are there adapters that need to be bought in conjunction with the steering wheel or do they bolt right up? Its going in my 29 Fever. I have a blue dash with blue and chrome bezels and trim rings on the gauges. Any suggestions?
do you want to sell the stock one.. ? What color is it?
Old 04-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Registered

I purchased mine from Speed and Custom Marine in the OSO classifieds. bolted right up. they have a varity of wheels and are very helpful, they can assist you weather a particular wheel needs an adaptor or not. many others have purchased from them also on this board. my .02
Old 04-05-2010, 12:38 PM
Registered

I just put a new Momo Marine "ponza" wheel on my 99 27 Fever, it went right on with no adapter needed. Mine is a standard 3/4 tapered shaft. You may need a wheel puller to get the old one off....I did. You can get one at Auto Zone type places for about $20.

I got my new wheel from Speed & Custom marine.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scooter B
I just put a new Momo Marine "ponza" wheel on my 99 27 Fever, it went right on with no adapter needed. Mine is a standard 3/4 tapered shaft. You may need a wheel puller to get the old one off....I did. You can get one at Auto Zone type places for about $20.

I got my new wheel from Speed & Custom marine.
Let me add that even with the puller once you get it on you may need to "hit it" I had this problem a few years back on a 2001 Fever, I worked on it for 2 days and could not get that damn wheel off, with puller, finally got so damn mad I hit it with a wrench and the sucker popped right off. Open beer finish with smile,
Old 04-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Registered

Thanks for the feedback guys!! Mcprodesign, I appreciate the offer, but I am going to hang on to the stock wheel.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Smart man... I was thinkin'' maybe ... Just maybe... you might sell it..