Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
All Of Our Warranties Are Voided! >

All Of Our Warranties Are Voided!

Notices

All Of Our Warranties Are Voided!

Old 05-02-2010, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

According to Greg @ Shogren, they had been doing warranty work for Fountain all along, and now have to eat thousands of dollars worth of claims themselves.
Don't believe that Reggie isn't a part of the problem. He has always been one step ahead of the banks, stock markets, etc.
Look at the fabulous coup he pulled off after bankrupcy to get control of his company again, at pennies on the dollar.
We have simply been outsmarted.
Carder
Old 05-02-2010, 09:59 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

give me a break? Stress cracks? welcome to boating LOL. Anyway your boat is almost 3 model years old and that stuff wouldnt be covered. You're going way overboard talking conspiracy theory and warranty work in the same breath. Besides, getting paid for warranty work as a dealer is always a gamble LOL.

Last edited by DollaBill; 05-02-2010 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-02-2010, 10:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I agree, warranty work is always a crap shoot. Many boat companies have gone under, and it usually ends up the same way. Genmar has been sold and broken up after the bankruptcy, same situation for warranties. Secured creditors get what they can, and customers and other unsecured creditors usually are out of luck.

Unless it's a serious problem, I always take boat warranties at far less than face value. Just like the Passport and other warranties Mercury and Volvo sell. Try debating a spark plug problem with Mercury after it fried your engine. Stress cracks are the least of your problem. The list of boats that don't have any is smaller than the fine print on the warranties
Old 05-02-2010, 10:12 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Is this your first boat?
Old 05-02-2010, 11:08 AM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

There is a 2009 42 Lightning on the Shogren site now that states "This is a NEW boat with warranty!!!!". Sure would lead one to believe there was coverage.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Perhaps the new Fountain is taking the position that "New" (previously unsold boats, they will cover. Quite possibly a prerequisite for maintaining dealers.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Read your warranty card that came with your Fountain...stress cracks int eh gel are not covered under warranty.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Registered

Received 1,421 Likes on 793 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
There is a 2009 42 Lightning on the Shogren site now that states "This is a NEW boat with warranty!!!!". Sure would lead one to believe there was coverage.
I assume you mean this one/

http://www.teamshogren.com/new-boats...lightning.html

I wonder what the real going price is on that one,,,,,,,,,, I really need to hit the lotto!

Seems like Shogren sold a lot of repo's the last few months, they had 3 or 4 35's right?
Old 05-02-2010, 12:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
I assume you mean this one/

http://www.teamshogren.com/new-boats...lightning.html

I wonder what the real going price is on that one,,,,,,,,,, I really need to hit the lotto!

Seems like Shogren sold a lot of repo's the last few months, they had 3 or 4 35's right?
Or look at this one. It's just 158. I wonder why it is still there??

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o33972-en.html
Old 05-02-2010, 12:51 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
That probably would be propulsion system warranty from Mercury. That usually is worth more piece of mind than coverage on the hull.

Most warranties are full of fine print which allows companies to exclude coverage in just about any situation. Difference comes at the dealer level where a customer can attempt to get some satisfaction.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.