Notices

Batteries

Old 05-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TampaBeach
As for the battery switch, again I am different, I start out with one for each motor, but usually during the day, like when sitting for a long time playing the stereo, I switch to just battery #1 on both switches. My reason is so if I drain #1 to dead, I know #2 is going to start my motors up and get me home.

What manufacture boat do you have?

I'm using Interstate and never an issue so far on the cruiser. Tried Autozones once in the Fountain and went thru 2batteries in 1 season. The latest replacement was just pulled out last week when I noticed my battery tray had corrosion on it from a leaking battery. This time it lasted 2 yrs. No more AutoZones for me now.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone tried the sears marine die hards with any luck
Old 05-18-2010, 06:46 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/pro...?C=1&P=KHC2400

Ty Kinetic - I have had 2 of these these for 3 years and they have never let us down. Absolutely amazing - run the stereo for 3 hours then start the boat and drive away.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
What manufacture boat do you have?

I'm using Interstate and never an issue so far on the cruiser. Tried Autozones once in the Fountain and went thru 2batteries in 1 season. The latest replacement was just pulled out last week when I noticed my battery tray had corrosion on it from a leaking battery. This time it lasted 2 yrs. No more AutoZones for me now.
Right now I have a Fountain and Concept, but have used the same set up on 6 Baja's I owned and two previous Fountains, oh and a Formula.

When their wasn't a set up for two or three batteries I would normally carry a spare battery in the seat, just incase, and it saved my ass many times.

As for the brand of battery now you got me I cannot remember I think it was a "stow-away", oh but I have purchase Interstate when Sams was out of stock and I think it was the same deal.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh I don't, this subject comes up a lot.

I bought a Blue top like this in 2004.

Ran it in my Switzer w a 1000 what amp and everything until about 3 years ago.

Then I bought my fountain and it had a Interstate that would not charge all the way .

Then I took the optima out of the switzer ( i think I had it in car at 1 point too) and put it in the Fountain. It has rex Marine battery boxes and it went right in.

I have the stock battery on the port side. Never used it yet, I just keep that one charged in case I might need it, and just run off the optima on the starboard side.

5 years or so on it and still no problems.

Just keep it charged

Old 05-19-2010, 06:07 PM
Registered

Hey guys I compromised and went and bought 1 Optima Blue top and one Interstate. Well, I'll see how they compare down the road. I really do thank you all for the advice. That's what's so great about this site. You really can learn alot from everyones experience. Fountain boaters are the best. Thanks again, Speed.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by speedchangesyou
Hey guys I compromised and went and bought 1 Optima Blue top and one Interstate. Well, I'll see how they compare down the road. I really do thank you all for the advice. That's what's so great about this site. You really can learn alot from everyones experience. Fountain boaters are the best. Thanks again, Speed.
Totally cool, again I am not saying what is right or wrong, just what I do and it works for me. BTW if you got 5 years out of ANY BATTERY in a boat you are rockstaring
Old 05-20-2010, 07:03 AM
Registered

Interstate owns Optima now. I changed back to Interstate series 27's and have been happy. Optima used to claim a "lifetime warranty" and I used them on a custom car I restored a few years ago. My thought was that I hardly drive it and the warranty would be useful. The batteries wouldn't take a charge and I found dead cylinders in both. Unfortunately there was no warranty (even though I had all the paperwork and the original "unlimited lifetime warranty")
Old 05-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Registered

Not to hi jack the thread but I jus installed a second battery in my 27 and a new dual switch, why can you not run the boat with the switch on both batteries at the same time? Thanks
Old 05-20-2010, 01:49 PM
Registered

I just went and bought two group 27 interstates. And one group 31 , going to run my stereo off of that.
I almost opted for a blue optima , but honestly have had nothing but bad experience out of the reds and yellows that i have owned. Same thing with any of my friends that have owned them. THey have just never held up for me. More of a vanity thing in my opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.