Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
fountain speaker covers >

fountain speaker covers

Notices

fountain speaker covers

Old 02-05-2012, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

The manufacturer to order these covers from is Billett Proof Design Inc. in Pennsylvania. However if your speakers like mine- Sony/4 hole and not the Kenwood/6 hole screw pattern they will not match up to install. Damian said he would make the 4 screw pattern for us with an order for 50 covers. However, I'm the wrong guy to get fountain owners together since I run with no boatgang these days. Without the order for 50,he says he can modify the 6s to work but not sure how as of yet. Any takers out there?
Old 02-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 151 Likes on 91 Posts

I just bought one to see if it fits my speakers before I buy all 10. I have Diamond Audio speakers and Im just going to redrill the speaker holes to use the covers. I have to grind some material off the back side to fit also.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year I purchased 8 of the covers on ebay. Six were PC red and the other two had been painted. Last spring I built two speaker pods and removed the famous non-cracked Fountain logo. Memphis Marine Audio was used throughout and none of the holes lined up. Had to take it to the next level and add LED to the all of the speakers!!! So… lots of preplanning and preparation to piece everything together for the final product.

None of the Fountain covers fit the Memphis 6.5's inch speakers like Kenwood 6.5's. All of the items were put into mock setup before drilling anything a multitude of times. But all of my Memphis 6.5 have an additional six holes drilled into them. Works great and I think they look good!

With the right amount of patience and research you can make anything fit/work/operate!

Not a paying customer….so can’t post pics!!! Would be more than happy to email them.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:39 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Pat Ousborne,

Would you happen to know if they make a 6x9 cover?
Old 02-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never seen any.....don't know for sure though.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered

I dont think he does 6x9s but am sure he could.
The work was done for Fountain and I don't think they used6x9s?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:34 PM
Registered

After Damian sent me an unfinished cover for try in, I ordered 2 powercoated. In my situation 2 screw holes line up perfectly and I can make it work from there. I'm told Fountain Powerboats is chapter11 again and just repair service going on. It could be a last chance to get whats left of surplus parts with the original logo. Hard to say?
Old 03-18-2012, 09:48 AM
Registered

How i made the 6 screw covers fit and look good on 4 hole speakers without a big project.- I decided not to drill through speakers to match the new hole pattern since the holes lined up in a very bad way. The left and right Infinity speaker screws that didn't line up with Fountain cover holes now go only through speakers and not the covers. Then the top and bottom screws that lined up go through both the covers and speakers. Since there are 4 screw holes that now appear empty I found Pro-Dec.com online to get 3/8"hole covers that snapped in the unfilled holes in matching color. These hole covers were just a lucky find for me. Now all is installed simply and looks right.