Stuck in the water >

Stuck in the water

Notices

Stuck in the water

Old 07-25-2010, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stuck in the water

I'm on my boat rite now and just lost all power to my starboard side motor. I tried restarting in and on a fountain it makes a loud siren sound before you start the engine. It's not doing that it making a different beeping sound I never heard. Anyone might know what's wrong ? Or if that's a safety feature that won't allow me to start it
Old 07-25-2010, 07:43 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fountain puts a loud buzzer under the dash that is tied into the Merc alarm system. No mistake of not hearing it.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered

This happened to me. Check your kill switch. If it malfuctions, motor will crank but not fire. Good luck.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ok what year boat??? I know its a 29 if its a older one early 90s there is a fuse in the harness to each key where the harness makes the corner by the side panel between the key and the panel other wise check your main breaker on the engine or the breakers under the back seat the type fountain used back in the day dont look like breakers
join date 2006 and 1 post ???

Last edited by blownincome; 07-27-2010 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

it is a 1998 with twin 454's i checked everything i could think of i started buy changing the battery on that side cause i was getting no power. that didn't work i had no volts, so i thought maybe the gears got stuck when i tried to start it cause it made a funny sound so i put a wrench on it and gave it a turn to re aline the gears if they got alittle crossed in the starter but it turned so they shoulda went back in line. still got nothing so disconnected the ignition thought it might be in the key still nothing so my mechanic has it now. i will let you know whats wrong when he figures it out and the 1996 registration im not sure about that i just registered last week.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Switch on the linkage for the neutral position?