Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Fountain
Port Engine Running Rich? >

Port Engine Running Rich?

Notices

Port Engine Running Rich?

Old 08-16-2010, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 1,389 Likes on 776 Posts

Don't forget if the "fins" are missing you will need to find all the missing pieces. They can get stuck in the coolers, etc, and cause problems even after you put a new sea water pump on.
Old 08-16-2010, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Took the sea pump off at lunch today on that motor. Everything looks good and seems to turn properly. I sent you a picture of it, Bob. I guess maybe I will try flushing backwards into the drive tonight. The launch we put in at on Thursday was REALLY weedy- had a fair amount of junk in the strainers- maybe something got lodged in the intake on the bullet. Mine only has intakes on the front of the bullet. Also was operating in some sandy/shallow sandbars this weekend- is it possible that it sucked up enough sand in a short amount of time to cause this much trouble? The strainers had some sand in the bottom of them that I vacuumed out when I was flushing last night. Other ideas?
Old 08-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Registered

Fins on the impeller were all there and in great shape.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 740 Likes on 334 Posts

northerndoc,
Was that you at ramp at Elmwood marina yesterday evening ? Boat was on trailer in parking lot.
ed
Old 08-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Registered

Yeah- That was probably me... Took her out for a little run up to Sutton's Bay on Friday before the storm hit to grab a drink... Was a decent day until later on. What do you run? If you ever see us there again, feel free to stop by! Always nice to meet new people.

-Ben
Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by northerndoc
Yeah- That was probably me... Took her out for a little run up to Sutton's Bay on Friday before the storm hit to grab a drink... Was a decent day until later on. What do you run? If you ever see us there again, feel free to stop by! Always nice to meet new people.

-Ben
We have a 32' fountain sport fish cruiser in a well at Elmwood. I'll stop by if we see you again. The day after I saw you there was a couple more fountains in the lot at elmwood.
ed
Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by northerndoc

-Ben
We have a 32' fountain sport fish cruiser in a well at Elmwood. I'll stop by if we see you again. The day after I saw you there was a couple more fountains in the lot at elmwood.
ed